Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who's using 345-19 rear tires on a C6Z???

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 01:34 PM
gonzalezfj
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who's using 345-19 rear tires on a C6Z???

Folks, I have procured a set of 345-19 tires that I would like to use on the rear of my 06 Z06, mounted on stock wheels.

Is anybody out there using this size tires in the rear of their car? Any fender clearance problems? How much negative camber are you running?

TIA,
Old 02-20-2007, 02:05 PM
Z06_505
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by gonzalezfj
Folks, I have procured a set of 345-19 tires that I would like to use on the rear of my 06 Z06, mounted on stock wheels.

Is anybody out there using this size tires in the rear of their car? Any fender clearance problems? How much negative camber are you running?

TIA,
I have run both Hoosiers and Michelin Pilot Sports (not the cups) at the 345-19 size mounted on stock size repro wheels. No fender clearance issues whatsoever. I have had the car lowered (on factory bolts) and corner balanced. I'm running -2.4 camber in front and -1.4 in rear. (All chassis mods by our favorite forum Corvette tech and racer - RAFTRACER). Almost all my track time to date has been on the Hoosiers and I have been to MidOhio, Putnam Park, The AutoBahn, Sebring and Moroso Motorsports Park.

I didn't like the Pilot Sports on the track (one event). They are great street tires though.

Quick Reply: Who's using 345-19 rear tires on a C6Z???