Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sequential T56??????

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 08:09 AM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 100 Posts

Default Sequential T56??????

just wondering if anyone has ever, or thought about making a sequential shifter/mechanisum to convert a H patern to a sequential????

i know there are kits that can do this for other 'boxes, such as the Evo and the Porsche G50 and i hear there are some for the supra to!

would be great for track/roadracing/etc.

thanks Chris.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:18 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

LG has a Holinger sequential that will fit, 20 large

I have heard of a few ppl trying unsuccesfully to addapt the T56 to a sequential / electronic shifter.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:14 AM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
LG has a Holinger sequential that will fit, 20 large

I have heard of a few ppl trying unsuccesfully to addapt the T56 to a sequential / electronic shifter.
thats a real shame!

i know aston martin run a T56 with paddle shift. but thats out the question.

any ideas why the T56 cant be converted???

thanks Chris.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:18 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Originally Posted by chuntington101
thats a real shame!

i know aston martin run a T56 with paddle shift. but thats out the question.

any ideas why the T56 cant be converted???

thanks Chris.
AM runs T56s? I though they ran Hewlands with sequentials.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:21 AM
wallyman424
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AM runs T56s? I though they ran Hewlands with sequentials.
the AM street cars. the DBsomethingorother and the Vanquish. They run T56's with some flappy paddle nonsense attached.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:16 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Originally Posted by wallyman424
the AM street cars. the DBsomethingorother and the Vanquish. They run T56's with some flappy paddle nonsense attached.
INteresting. Have too look into that, not that I would put that in my car. Or is it like the A6 paddles the C6 has ??
Old 02-23-2007, 08:15 AM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

INteresting. Have too look into that, not that I would put that in my car. Or is it like the A6 paddles the C6 has ??

the wanquish ran a paddle shift box. it was one of the ealier designes and not very good (very snatchy at low speeds). dont sure about the newer stuff (jag are using a true auto with manual gear sollection).

by far the best paddle shift box is the ferrari 599gtb setup. has a faster change than the Enzo and is much smoother. this helps it to only be a tenth or so slower to 100mph! think the BMWs are also getting there to.

dont really like the idea of paddels. i like the stick sepuentials much better.

thanks Chris.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:09 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Originally Posted by chuntington101
the wanquish ran a paddle shift box. it was one of the ealier designes and not very good (very snatchy at low speeds). dont sure about the newer stuff (jag are using a true auto with manual gear sollection).

by far the best paddle shift box is the ferrari 599gtb setup. has a faster change than the Enzo and is much smoother. this helps it to only be a tenth or so slower to 100mph! think the BMWs are also getting there to.

dont really like the idea of paddels. i like the stick sepuentials much better.

thanks Chris.
I did go to the AM web site and yes they are using the Termic T56, but could not find or they dont list the sequentail / paddle shifter method.

A few weeks ago I had a student with an M5 paddle shifter. Man that was one sweet car. The downshifts were smooth and unless I was looking at the gage cluster or his hands I did not know he down shifted.

Upshifting was a differnt story. When he kept his foot on the floor the shifting was jerky. So I asked some of my M3 friends ( yes I have a few - Dave ) and he said have him feather the thottle slightly on the upshifts.

I mentioned the thottle feather to my student and he tried if on the next session. BIG difference, much smoother upsifts, still a slight jeck but no were near like keeping the thottle to the floor.

As I mentioned that M5 was one sweet ride. My student was great. Great personallity, OPEN to listen and learn new things. Great traffic managment, smooth, eyes up the track. Students like this are so much fun, I dont like to sign them off to go solo, as I have too much fun riding in the right seat.
So I constantly teach something new to them. Yes I know SOLO is a big part of the learning process.

Last edited by AU N EGL; 02-23-2007 at 09:13 AM.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:00 AM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

I did go to the AM web site and yes they are using the Termic T56, but could not find or they dont list the sequentail / paddle shifter method.

A few weeks ago I had a student with an M5 paddle shifter. Man that was one sweet car. The downshifts were smooth and unless I was looking at the gage cluster or his hands I did not know he down shifted.

Upshifting was a differnt story. When he kept his foot on the floor the shifting was jerky. So I asked some of my M3 friends ( yes I have a few - Dave ) and he said have him feather the thottle slightly on the upshifts.

I mentioned the thottle feather to my student and he tried if on the next session. BIG difference, much smoother upsifts, still a slight jeck but no were near like keeping the thottle to the floor.

As I mentioned that M5 was one sweet ride. My student was great. Great personallity, OPEN to listen and learn new things. Great traffic managment, smooth, eyes up the track. Students like this are so much fun, I dont like to sign them off to go solo, as I have too much fun riding in the right seat.
So I constantly teach something new to them. Yes I know SOLO is a big part of the learning process.

i have heard that lifting a bit makes a diffrence. i guess the race guys are too bothered about it jerking a little bit.

im sure aston offer a paddle shift!

thanks Chris.

Get notified of new replies

To Sequential T56??????

Quick Reply: Sequential T56??????