Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My first 2007 Z06 drive

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 07:38 PM
Jim 47
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default My first 2007 Z06 drive

My good buddy just bought a 2007 Z06 and he let me drive it on Wednesday. I'll compare it to my stock 2004 Z06. On the regular road, it is quieter and the steering is lighter. Until you punch it, it seems more docile, tame and smooth. I think it has a softer and smoother ride. The first thing I noticed was the very low resistance clutch. The '04's clutch is much harder to depress. The second thing I noticed was the shifter had fairly short throws (at least shorter than the stock shifter in the '04 Z06.

As for power, it seemed it had about 100 HP more that the '04. It had only about 250 miles on the odo and the roads were wet in places, so I really didn't get into the good part of the power band. Overall it was impressive in its quietness, smoothness, and power. It is most definately an excellent improvement over the old Z06.

Thanks for the oppertunity to drive it G. He'll have to tell you more about it if he's so inclined.

Jim
Old 02-22-2007, 08:02 PM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I had a similar experience - my boss just purchased a new Z in December. I got to take it on a 30 minute drive on a variety of roads. Clutch is lighter, steering a little lighter but still very responsive - I like the suspension a lot. Smoother than my 03Z, but it still corners and grips amazingly. 505 HP speeks for itself - Over all a great car - For the delta in cost, I'm afraid that I will be sticking with the 03 for awhile.

Quick Reply: My first 2007 Z06 drive