Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are the best Coilovers???

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 11:02 PM
corvetteracer22
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What are the best Coilovers???

HI, im looking to buy coilovers. I would like to get some feedback on any setup with coilovers on a C5.

matthew
Old 02-23-2007, 01:13 AM
cosmoracer
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...ight=coilovers
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...ight=coilovers

I don't know have firsthand knowledge of what the others do, but what LG does and he knows how to build cars.
Old 02-23-2007, 02:13 AM
emf
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

"best" is largely relative, and depends significantly on your needs. Is this a street car? For autox? Track use? Some combination of the above? Are you looking for shock adjustability? If so, how much?

Pfadt, LG, and DRM probably have the most well-known non-adjustable kits, while a variety of folk have adjustable shocks from Hal, Koni, Penske, JRZ, or Moton. Once you start looking at adjustables, setup and valving become far more complex and important . . . there's simply no "best" option at that point, since they're tuned for use.
Old 02-23-2007, 02:25 AM
dagon138
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Best for what, racing, street, combo?

If you want the best period some 3-way adj penske's would do...got about 4-5 grand to spare?

Last edited by dagon138; 02-23-2007 at 02:30 AM.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:04 AM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 100 Posts

do any of you guys use adjustables on the road? i know alot of guys with other makes of car do over here. set it up nice for eht road (normally how they come) then add a coupple more notches to harded them up a little!

Chris.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:19 AM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 712 Likes on 493 Posts

there is a good chance I'm going to run somthing from PFADT on my ST NASA race car (still just a street car now). They have the only adjustable setup in the sub-$2000 price range. You can barely get a good set of shocks and VBP spring for that price.

DRM and LG's setup looks a little "beefier", but neither offer adjustables. Even though the PFADT's are single adjustable, that is enough IMHO. Honestly, I've had 3-way shocks before, and you can cause more problems than you can solve if you don't have a lot of dedicated brain power thinking through each adjustment.

Get notified of new replies

To What are the best Coilovers???

Quick Reply: What are the best Coilovers???