Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Autopower roll cage

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 07:49 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 712 Likes on 493 Posts

Default Autopower roll cage

anybody used one, or know of another decent pre-bent kit? Kirk's doesn't bolt/weld to the frame, and I'm checking with a few other vendors, but on paper at least, Autopowers looks pretty good. They even have a bolt-in kit for the new Z06.

Trying to get a cage in by NASA Atlanta, and I don't think I can do it locally in time unless I just weld it in.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:34 PM
Tom03Z06
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just asked a Non-sponsored vendor on Fit on a Z06 Last week FWIW

Hello Tom,
Yes the 70401 Race Bar does fit the C5 Z06. A friend and customer of ours has one in his 2003 Z06. It does block some of the rear vision out the back window at the very top field of view. But less than some other roll bars I've seen in the Corvettes. I've even seen some "Custom Built" roll bars that block the view even more. So for the money I think the Autopower Race bar is a good way to go. Just in case you didn't see the notes, it does require welding 4 plates on your car. The roll bar then bolts to those 4 plates
Its either this one or the Pfadt.

Quick Reply: Autopower roll cage