Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will C5 rear rotors fit a C6?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 06:19 PM
vetracer
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Will C5 rear rotors fit a C6?

My local NAPA is not showing a part# for rear brake rotors for an '05 or '06 Corvette. They do show a part number for an '04. Rotor diameter is 12". Are they the same as on the rear of a C6? Mine is a Z51 and I just bought the base C6 (non-slotted or drilled) front rotors from NAPA and need a set of rears so I can install my new Carbotech pads...

Thanks in advance
Old 03-01-2007, 11:07 PM
vetracer
Melting Slicks

C'mon, anyone???

After searching the forum under "rotors", and "brakes" I found nothing other than that possibly the mounting brackets are different between the base C6 and the Z51 C6.

Anyone who has experience here please advise me I have an event this weekend and I'm running out of time

Thanks
Old 03-02-2007, 01:28 AM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Base C6 rotors (aka C5 rotors) require new caliper brackets on a C6 Z51 car. The part numbers on the caliper brackets (abutments) are 12455800 and 12455799. You'll need to order 2 of each. http://www.gmpartshouse.com/

You may want to order a second set of slider pins and caliper bracket bolts if you plan to switch back and forth often. You'll also want some high-temp grease to lube the slider pin in the new brackets. I believe the washer for the caliper bracket bolts is a second part number so be sure to ask for them, too.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:36 AM
vetracer
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by gkmccready
Base C6 rotors (aka C5 rotors) require new caliper brackets on a C6 Z51 car. The part numbers on the caliper brackets (abutments) are 12455800 and 12455799. You'll need to order 2 of each. http://www.gmpartshouse.com/

You may want to order a second set of slider pins and caliper bracket bolts if you plan to switch back and forth often. You'll also want some high-temp grease to lube the slider pin in the new brackets. I believe the washer for the caliper bracket bolts is a second part number so be sure to ask for them, too.

Are you talking about the front or the rear?

Thanks
Old 03-02-2007, 09:55 AM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Both. Those '04 rotors you bought won't fit your car without the new brackets if you have a C6 Z51; not on the front, not on the rear.

Get notified of new replies

To Will C5 rear rotors fit a C6?

Quick Reply: Will C5 rear rotors fit a C6?