Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Searching for custom size rotors for C3/C4 hybrid.

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 03:44 PM
Tech Contributor

Location: I tend to be leery of any guy who doesn't own a chainsaw or a handgun.
Received 767 Likes on 549 Posts

Default Searching for custom size rotors for C3/C4 hybrid.

I've got the C4 suspension installed on my spare '69 frame, and am now trying to finish installing brakes. My plans are for Wilwoods all around (I have the four piston rears mounted, and am looking to do the same on the front). Due to the assortment of street wheels and track wheels I'm using, I need to find a custom size rotor. Can anybody direct me to a rotor source with a decent technical staff that can get me a part number or supplier if I give them the needed rotor dimensions? I've sent a couple e-mails to some of the brake places I found on the internet, but they were either unable or unwilling to do the hard work of looking through their books to see if they stocked a rotor matching my description. I'm looking for a rotor diameter of 11.75 inches (12 may work, but it will be extremely tight) with the usual 5 x 4.75 pattern, 2.8 inch pilot hole, 1 to 1.25 inch width, and, the most difficult requirement, a maximum of 2.125 inch "backspacing", for lack of the correct word. I measured the distance from the hub/rotor interface to the knuckle tie rod arm, and I have 2.18 inches to play with. I do have a small amount I could machine off the arm to add a little more space, but the above specs are what I am initially shooting for. If anyone can help me find a knowledgeable rotor source I would greatly appreciate it.
thanks,
Mike
Old 03-04-2007, 04:44 PM
emf
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Coleman

http://www.colemanracing.com
Old 03-04-2007, 10:10 PM
Tech Contributor

Location: I tend to be leery of any guy who doesn't own a chainsaw or a handgun.
Received 767 Likes on 549 Posts

I've found several sources for rotors, but haven't found many with an assortment of shallow hats. I can find something close, but before I spring for the expensive stuff, I thought I'd try to see if there were any one piece OEM rotors fitting this description, or if the aftermarket has anything.

Get notified of new replies

To Searching for custom size rotors for C3/C4 hybrid.

Quick Reply: Searching for custom size rotors for C3/C4 hybrid.