Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you guys think of the new Pontiac G8 (Holden Commodore SS)?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 07:42 PM
xsiveone
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What do you guys think of the new Pontiac G8 (Holden Commodore SS)?

I'm digging this car. There aren't many American cars that excite me either. Even though I would've preferred that Bob Lutz import the Commodore the way that it was, this is still going to be a very cool car. I wonder if they will ever import the hotter GTS version.

What I love about these cars is that they are a nice combination between a touring car and a muscle car. I also love the interiors on the Holdens. They are of much higher quality than typical GM IMO.

http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2..._interior.html

http://jalopnik.com/cars/chicago-aut...rst-234809.php
Old 03-05-2007, 07:43 PM
xsiveone
Le Mans Master

Commodore/G8 Comparison..

http://lifeinmotion.wordpress.com/20...re-pontiac-g8/
Old 03-05-2007, 07:55 PM
outnumbered
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks nice. Just read the article in Motor Trend. it should sell well!
Old 03-05-2007, 08:20 PM
kelp
Drifting

Default "GM gets it. At last." ????

Um, well. Yawn. Mom might like it.

Motor Trend, April, Pg 17: "If the experience recalls any other car, it's the previous-generation BMW M5....."

Ahem. Sometimes they forget their readers might just own one of those M5s. So, I was

It remindeds me IMMEDIATELY of Ford's LTD ad - comparing the quality of their quiet LTD ride by hearing the ticking of their console clock - and comparing this to a Rolls Royce.....anyone remember that?

I can even see myself driving one of these a few years from now, after getting off a plane, but having lost in it somewhere in the rent-a-car parking lot. So, keeping it in perspective, I think it's very ample rent-a-car!

GM already got it with the Corvette. Signed, sealed, delivered. That's why we're here.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:43 PM
Lancer033
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by xsiveone
What I love about these cars is that they are a nice combination between a touring car and a muscle car. I also love the interiors on the Holdens. They are of much higher quality than typical GM IMO.
I'm a big fan of the GTO for those exact reasons. They're some of the best quality cars GM makes, much better than chevy and even better than your entry level CTS and you still get V8 power and a reasonable price.

I think GM's got a winner on their hands, no it's not a vette, it's not suposed to be a vette. Apples to Oranges
Old 03-06-2007, 12:18 AM
HORNDAWG
Instructor

Originally Posted by Lancer033
I'm a big fan of the GTO for those exact reasons. They're some of the best quality cars GM makes, much better than chevy and even better than your entry level CTS and you still get V8 power and a reasonable price.

I think GM's got a winner on their hands, no it's not a vette, it's not suposed to be a vette. Apples to Oranges
IMO they over priced the GTO for the market segment. I hope they don't do that with this one, as I agree they are a nice mix and would like to see the example make it in the GM lines!

L.P.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:59 AM
C6400hp
Safety Car

Location: DFW This user does not support or recommend the product or service displayed in the ad to the right
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like it. I am considering it as the next daily driver. I hope GM nixes the hood snarls, it would be sooo much cleaner. if GM does not I will be hoping the aftermarket will deliver a smooth hood or one with louvers facing the proper direction.

Get notified of new replies

To What do you guys think of the new Pontiac G8 (Holden Commodore SS)?

Quick Reply: What do you guys think of the new Pontiac G8 (Holden Commodore SS)?