Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with C5 T1 Swaybar Install

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 06:24 PM
ltborg
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Help with C5 T1 Swaybar Install

does anyone know what orientation the spacers on the end links go in? there is a shorter one and a longer one on each endlink bolt and i am trying to figure out which one goes inbetween the bar and the end link and then i would assume the other one goes between the end link and the bolt head. for the bottom end i would assume that it is the same as the top end except instead of the bar, it is the a-arm. anyone know which is which? tia
Old 03-09-2007, 07:37 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 712 Likes on 493 Posts

you need to eyeball it. Get the link as parallel to the a-arm boss as possible. Each link gets a long and short spacer for each end, but I can't remember specifically which ones go where.

You want to use both on the "ball" end, as putting the bolt directly against it can keep if from rolling smoothly.
Old 03-11-2007, 04:32 PM
wtknght1
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just looked at mine...and have the "bigger" spacer in between the swivel joint and the arm...and between the upper swivel and the actual sway bar. In each case, I have the small spacer between the nut and the swivel. I'm not sure if that's exactly how it's supposed to go, but it leaves plenty of space for both the lower A-arm and the sway bar to move without ever coming in contact with the heim joint. It works.

Get notified of new replies

To Help with C5 T1 Swaybar Install

Quick Reply: Help with C5 T1 Swaybar Install