Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z06 Seats???

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 11:30 AM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Received 297 Likes on 78 Posts

Default Z06 Seats???

Has anyone come up with a bolt in high performance seat for the Z, to use on the street and HPDE. (by bolt in I mean one that will maintain all of the electrics and airbag functions) And/Or has anyone modified the std Z seats to put the harness thru the back. Thanks,JD
Old 03-17-2007, 12:51 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,930 Likes on 5,334 Posts

I installed Al Knoch Sport Seat Covers and seat foam in my 03Z. I had the Z06 logo embroidered into them before they were sent to me. The embroidery cost an extra $75 to do both seats. The seat frames are the same for the standard C5 seat and the Sport seat so this is easy to do. One caution: 03 and 04 C5s came with the federally approved child seat mounts riveted to the passenger side seat frame. There were slits in the seat bottom covers to permit child seat access to the mounts. Al Knoch had to customize their seat covers to provide the slits. They did this at no extra cost.

Bill
Old 03-18-2007, 04:47 PM
VelocityZ06
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are a few pics of the seats I put in. They work on factory electric seat rails. I bought a second set of electric seat rails so I coulsd swap them fast and easy. http://www.caravaggiocorvettes.com/d...nteriors2.html

http://www.caravaggiocorvettes.com/d...nteriors2.html
Old 03-19-2007, 08:38 PM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Received 297 Likes on 78 Posts

Anyone else have Caravaggio seats???????? Preferrably in the southeast. Thanks, JD
Old 03-20-2007, 02:49 AM
0C5stein
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are narrow in the Hip, I'll make you the deal of the century on a pair of Cobra Imola S seats (Kevlar) in black. They are really good looking, comfy and super strong & safe. My customer had me special order them and his co-pilot was a bit too broad in the beam. The Cobra distributor said that we could do an exchange and then changed their mind after I got the wider seats for my guy. Now I have these, brand new, still in the box seats, that need a new home. Out fiscal year ends on March 31 and I'd like to get rid of them by then. No reasonable offer refused.

Based on the treatment from the Cobra Distributor, all of our display seats are getting blown out at a loss to get rid of them too. I'm simply not going to do business with people that don't have integrity. We are now a distributor for MOMO, Racetech and can get Sparco too.

We have Cobra Evolution in black, Evolution GT in Black, Imola S in red on display. They are still in nearly new condition.

Get notified of new replies

To Z06 Seats???

Quick Reply: Z06 Seats???