Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission/Diff fluid

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 01:54 PM
VFrc
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Transmission/Diff fluid

I was wondering what fluid you guys are running in the Tranny/Diff for the track (20-30minute sessions). I searched and saw some people recommended adding some Pro Blends ATF additive to the fluid which I think I will do, but not what fluid they were running.
Old 03-17-2007, 03:09 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

a good synthtic fluid

I use M1 ATF and M1 gear oil in the diff
Old 03-17-2007, 07:44 PM
yakisoba
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I run Amsoil ATF for the transmission. Diff fluid is Amsoil severe gear oil. 75/90, as I recall. Too lazy to go out to the garage, sorry No troubles so far. The Amsoil diff product doesn't require limited slip additive, but check around before you pick a fluid. Some do some don't.
Old 03-18-2007, 07:54 PM
wanttospeed
Racer

Well, I have moble atf and royal purple in diff. My first transmission went bad at moroso, I think Seabring was the start of it (overheated it). I recommend getting a transmission cooler/diff. cooler and a temp. gauge. Also, before each event, its wise to replace your fluids in transmission (like your engine). Extra protection.

Well, thats my 2cents.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:42 PM
vms4evr
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Use a good synthetic and good brake fluid. Popular fluids are Mobil 1, Royal Purple, Red Line, Amsoil. You choose.

I run Royal Purple synthetic fluids end to end. Their synthetic PS fluid. Which does not foam and works well. Their 5w-30 oil, Synchromax in the trans and Max Gear in the diff. I change my engine oil based on the DIC reading. Trans fluid after 3-4 events and diff fluid after 6-8 events. Depends on the time of year I run and which club I run with. Some clubs give you much more seat time so I do it based on miles/hours of run time.

Motul brake fluid. Flush once a year. Bleed off some after each event. Also change the clutch fluid before every event (including cleaning the bottom of the reservoir).

YMMV...
Old 03-18-2007, 11:28 PM
jkonkle
Go big or don't go...
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I work with LG Motorsports on keeping my car running. So far so good, I use Redline oils in the car.

Castrol SRF for the brakes.

I changed the tranny and diff oils last year about this time, so far so good. Haven't changed it and won't till Ant or Louis tell me I should...

JK
Old 03-19-2007, 09:30 AM
0Doug@MorosoPerformance
Former Vendor

I believe you have a 99. These earlier transmissions use paper blocking rings. I would stick with the GM recommended fluid in the Transmission.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:46 AM
VFrc
Intermediate

Yes my car is a 99 frc and I read an article that said that a synthetic would degrade the paper rings prematurely. Are there any organic transmission fluids that are better than what Gm recommends? Can I or should I still run a synthetic in the diff for a 99 frc.

thanks for the help.

Get notified of new replies

To Transmission/Diff fluid

Quick Reply: Transmission/Diff fluid