Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Pad Compounds: PFC05 vs DTC70 vs XP12

Old 03-19-2007, 03:04 PM
BQuicksilver
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Default New Pad Compounds: PFC05 vs DTC70 vs XP12

I know there are more than a few pad discussions here, but I'd like to hear some feedback from those who have *personal experience* with at least 2 of these pads.

I've had my fair share of braking issues lately and attribute much of that to running 1/2 pads (and being a bit overly agressive) and just not having enough ability to keep fluid from boiling, so I'm going back to running new pads...I'm just not sure which ones. I'd rather fix the equipment than back off the pedal if possible.

I've had good experience with Carbotech (i like the big initial bite), but am curious as to whether some of these newer compounds have surpassed the XP12's.

Again, please reply only if you have personal experience with *2* (or more) of these compounds. "I love the XP12's" doesn't help with comparing them to the DTC70's of course.

Last edited by BQuicksilver; 03-19-2007 at 03:08 PM.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:08 PM
wtknght1
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I currently use the XP 12F/10R combination, but tested the DTC 70 about 2 years ago at Road Atlanta. The lap times were within .1 of each other and the feel was very similar.

The biggest difference to me is the heat transfer. While using the Hawks, when I came in to the pits (for a tire temp check), I sat on the hot pits for about 2-3 minutes and boiled the fluid! When I went back out for the rest of the session, the pedal was REALLY LONG. It was new fluid too (Motul 600) and I have never had that problem with the Carbotechs. Their ceramic material transfers less heat thru the pad into the caliper and the fluid - period.

The performance was identical as far as I was concerned; the Hawks transferred more heat and were more expensive.

I have not tested the new 05 PFC, but have pounded on the 01 quite a few times. The 01 faded. It's REALLY expensive too and thinner material!

The choice for me is still easy - Carbotech.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:39 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does the 05 compound even come in the stock pad shape?

Get notified of new replies

To New Pad Compounds: PFC05 vs DTC70 vs XP12

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Pad Compounds: PFC05 vs DTC70 vs XP12