Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ncm Hpde @ Vir

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 07:38 PM
jwg2
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Ncm Hpde @ Vir

I just learned that the Corvette Museum is sponsoring a driver's event at VIR on 7/2-3. Has anyone tried one of the NCM's events? How do they compare to a NASA HPDE or Summit Point FATT or Seat Time event? How much track and classroom time is there? How is the quality of instruction?
Old 03-21-2007, 07:56 PM
V8 Juice
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good news: the NCM programs are excellent, well managed, quality instructors, track not crowded, everyone from corner workers to newest driver are great people, GM personnel attend, Roc converts everyone except the writer for Corvette Enthusiast to the Dark Side and watching Tom Bohlman illustrate proper hand signals is worth the price of admission.
Bad news: If you hesitated in hitting the Send button you missed out...sold out in milliseconds.
Free Advice: It looks like you live in VA, go to VIR anyhow and catch the fever.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:09 PM
jwg2
Racer

Originally Posted by V8 Juice
Good news: the NCM programs are excellent, well managed, quality instructors, track not crowded, everyone from corner workers to newest driver are great people, GM personnel attend, Roc converts everyone except the writer for Corvette Enthusiast to the Dark Side and watching Tom Bohlman illustrate proper hand signals is worth the price of admission.
Bad news: If you hesitated in hitting the Send button you missed out...sold out in milliseconds.
Free Advice: It looks like you live in VA, go to VIR anyhow and catch the fever.
yea, I've been to VIR before, its outstanding. it gets boring driving around all those BMWs and Porsches, thought it would be fun to run with the Vettes

It looks like only the black group is filled at the moment...

Last edited by jwg2; 03-21-2007 at 08:15 PM.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:08 AM
wtknght1
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by jwg2
I just learned that the Corvette Museum is sponsoring a driver's event at VIR on 7/2-3. Has anyone tried one of the NCM's events? How do they compare to a NASA HPDE or Summit Point FATT or Seat Time event? How much track and classroom time is there? How is the quality of instruction?
As one of their instructors, I can tell you it is a very good event!!!!! ...if you can get in that is.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:04 AM
C5rider
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Roc converts everyone except the writer for Corvette Enthusiast to the Dark Side
Hey, what's that mean? Does that mean I CAN'T come play again? I had a great time and I think that the NCM has a great thing going on. I loved it. Is that enough to put me into the dark side (unless of course, that IS a bad thing)

Andy
Old 03-22-2007, 10:19 AM
Adam Boca
Race Director

Location: www.ncminsurance.com Bowling Green KY Home of the Corvette!
Received 126 Likes on 66 Posts
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Vet
St. Jude Donor '07-'08
NCM Sinkhole Donor

I don't know...I think Andy was converted! It may have been more on the green side (read: face color after riding with Tom Wallace)....lol!

Adam
Old 03-22-2007, 02:44 PM
C5rider
Racer

Default I've Been Converted!!!!!

Yeah, I have always thought these were great and an awesome benefit that the NCM affords to the Corvette community. More so after attending one! Keep up the great work NCM!

Andy
Old 03-22-2007, 03:04 PM
jwg2
Racer

Originally Posted by wtknght1
As one of their instructors, I can tell you it is a very good event!!!!! ...if you can get in that is.

Would they be upset if I signed up for a group below my experience level to find an open slot?
Old 03-22-2007, 03:14 PM
Adam Boca
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '07-'08
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by jwg2
Would they be upset if I signed up for a group below my experience level to find an open slot?
Yes, please do not do it...Actually it will not let you sign up...

Adam Boca
National Corvette Museum
Old 03-22-2007, 03:19 PM
Adam Boca
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '07-'08
NCM Sinkhole Donor

BTW: If you would like to be added to the waitlist you can call me at 800.538.3883 ext 153
Old 03-22-2007, 03:40 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by C5rider
Hey, what's that mean? Does that mean I CAN'T come play again? I had a great time and I think that the NCM has a great thing going on. I loved it. Is that enough to put me into the dark side (unless of course, that IS a bad thing)

Andy
Andy

Thank you very much for that great article in Corvette Enthusiast you wrote. and of course you can come play again, but this time you have to stay for TWO DAYS.

... watching Tom Bohlman illustrate proper hand signals is worth the price of admission.

add to events notes page, who to point black flag at. Julie and Adam are off the hook.

Old 03-22-2007, 04:17 PM
Adam Boca
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '07-'08
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
add to events notes page, who to point black flag at. Julie and Adam are off the hook.
WWWWOOOOOHHHHHOOOOO!!!!!!

Adam
Old 03-23-2007, 10:40 AM
V8 Juice
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by C5rider

Andy
As far as I'm concerned everyone is welcome to get the fever; hope your next ride is easier on the stomach!! Thanks for the article and support of NCM.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:42 PM
C5rider
Racer

It didn't bother me at all when I was driving, only riding with Tom. I guess my threshold is somewhere between my skill level and Tom's. It was a great trip though! He's a riot!

That incident also helped me reconsider an offer to go deep-sea fishing on a two-day trip. Can you get addicted to Dramamine?

Andy

or should I say

Last edited by C5rider; 03-23-2007 at 02:46 PM.
Old 03-23-2007, 04:13 PM
WNeal
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In Veteran VII
Cruise-In Veteran VIII
"Slower Azz Dog"
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

I attended my first NCM event at CMP last October.

It was a very well run event with very good instructors.

I immediately signed up for the July Event at VIR and know I will have a great time and learn a lot.

As far as I am concerned, I would recommend it to anyone.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:52 PM
MOOELLA
Burning Brakes

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
Andy

Thank you very much for that great article in Corvette Enthusiast you wrote. and of course you can come play again, but this time you have to stay for TWO DAYS.

It's about time........WHEW!!! Thank you, oh great Waver of the Black Flag!!

Julie!

Get notified of new replies

To Ncm Hpde @ Vir

Quick Reply: Ncm Hpde @ Vir