Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6Z Rear Wheel well aerodynamics

Old 03-22-2007, 12:25 AM
kelp
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default C6Z Rear Wheel well aerodynamics

I noticed the anterior rear wheel well of the C6R has an air dam/spoiler/thingy vs the posterior well of my C6Z. I wonder if I should cut the posterior one back, and who sells the anterior (thingy-what-you-call-it). Any ideas, or vendors?
Old 03-22-2007, 12:38 AM
wallyman424
Melting Slicks

aero on the c6r isnt really comparable to what you get on a c6 z. the c6r uses a flat underbody and a rear diffuser which the c6z does not have. the c6r has a different front end and a big ole wing out back.

the simple fact is that they fine tuned the c6r with wind tunnel time. fiddling with small aero changes will not really do anything beneficial if you dont have wind tunnel time and aero engineers to help out.

the only wheel well aero that i have heard actually works are gurney flaps. you can make them out of lexan, they stick out on the leading edge of the wheel well and help out with brake cooling by increasing flow through the wheel well.

in any case i really couldnt tell what you were talking about, were you thinking about cutting the black plastic rock shield on the trailing edge of the wheel well?
Old 03-22-2007, 11:11 PM
kelp
Drifting

Hey thanks for your response. Have wing and AC hood. Working on a smooth bottom, part of the aero project, as with the gurney flaps, but my front downforce is fine.

I just thought the RW flaps were cosmetic and counterproductive and for a few bucks could cut some out and mount them on the front side of the rear wheel.

I've done so many mods, it's easy and would probably at least make me feel good!

Last edited by kelp; 03-22-2007 at 11:33 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To C6Z Rear Wheel well aerodynamics

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C6Z Rear Wheel well aerodynamics