Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mod question...

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 05:07 AM
andyk5
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mod question...

Now that i have couple track days and autocross events in mind, i am going to be modding my car. What would be the first things you guys would do to a m6z51 2007 c6?

I was thinking that the car has more than enough power, and I havent been going on a racetrack with a car over 5 years, so suspension and power are going to be enough. The tires will be toast for sure, so i need a little advice with that, nothing expensive maybe a set of 4 for about $900 but which brand to go with? Second I want to replace most of the fluids in the car with redline and motul products, I know the car comes with mobil1 for engine, but i am not sure what else is in the vehicle.

Sorry for the hard to read post, Its kinda late...
Old 03-24-2007, 07:52 AM
trumper Z06
Melting Slicks

Hhmmmm... I think you have the C-5 Z06 M12 tranny !

I use Mobil 1 for the engine... 10/30 for the LS6, also Mobil 1 for tranny & rear end. Motul 600 fluid for the brakes.... do a complete flush.

I also run C-5 Z06 18 inch rims... cheap and light weight. Kuhmo V710's 315/18 fit and seem to be the prefered tire for the T-1 guys. Not cheap... but less $$$ than Hoo-Hoo's (Hoosiers).

The engine has lots of Torque... use it on the track.
Old 03-24-2007, 06:17 PM
andyk5
Instructor

Yeah I think i am going to flush tranny, differential and brake fluid, maybe get braided lines ( does the car already have braided lines?).
Old 03-24-2007, 07:57 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by andyk5
Yeah I think i am going to flush tranny, differential and brake fluid, maybe get braided lines ( does the car already have braided lines?).
not stock

Get notified of new replies

To Mod question...

Quick Reply: Mod question...