Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Video of SCCA Hawaii SOLO II Run Offs.

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 02:04 AM
steve40th
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03 & '05

Default Video of SCCA Hawaii SOLO II Run Offs.

Here is a good video of some different types of cars in our part of the world at our RunOffs. The Blue 240Z is in my class, or should I say my Vette runs in his class. He is good and with his Z he runs/ran 6 seconds quicker than me. Amazing, but I wasnt in the video as I was not a contender, but I ran after in the fun runs. Good time. I cant wait till I am on that Z's tail as there are a few Z and me and a couple 300 Z also.
Hopefully you can see it without having to sign up as I wasnt able to load it to Putfile as it was a tad to big.
http://www.paradisecruisers.com/SMF/...;topicseen#new
Old 03-29-2007, 10:31 AM
Aardwolf
Race Director

Received 372 Likes on 308 Posts

Downloading it now, 116 meg.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:29 PM
steve40th
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '03 & '05

Its a good quality video, and yes it is large. But it gives a great idea of how our areas track isnt perfect, and it is definitely not flat.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:47 PM
Aardwolf
Race Director

Received 372 Likes on 308 Posts

It looked good to me. The f body car was fun to watch!
Old 03-29-2007, 01:28 PM
steve40th
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '03 & '05

The F Body is a very good driver, with Kumho 710 315's all the way around, and a heavily modified suspension.

Last edited by steve40th; 03-29-2007 at 01:41 PM.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:36 PM
96CELT4
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always wondered if there was any autocrossing going on in Hawaii. I can now seriously think of moving there!

I noticed that the 240z was running in BSP, is this the class you run in or does your SCCA region have some bumping up or down of classes due to participation? Reason I ask is because technically your car would be classed in SM2 or the new XP class with that stroker motor you've got. BTW, nice numbers on that LT1!
Old 03-29-2007, 02:44 PM
steve40th
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '03 & '05

Originally Posted by 96CELT4
I always wondered if there was any autocrossing going on in Hawaii. I can now seriously think of moving there!

I noticed that the 240z was running in BSP, is this the class you run in or does your SCCA region have some bumping up or down of classes due to participation? Reason I ask is because technically your car would be classed in SM2 or the new XP class with that stroker motor you've got. BTW, nice numbers on that LT1!

The BSP class is what I was told to run by the Chief Techs. I was initially in ASP with the ZO6. If you can explain further the class I should be in, that would be nice.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:08 PM
96CELT4
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by steve40th
The BSP class is what I was told to run by the Chief Techs. I was initially in ASP with the ZO6. If you can explain further the class I should be in, that would be nice.
Sure. The basic jist of BSP is to allow the usual "bolt on mods" like headers, exhaust, intake, etc. It also allows for updating and backdating parts within a model line. So you could put an LT4 engine and Z51 springs on your car no problem. Actually any springs are allowed in BSP, as are any wheel size you can fit under the car with out going past the fenders so many inches. What it doesn't allow is changes to anythink internal to the engine or different heads. Those kind of changes will start bumping you up into classes like SM2, the old BP, or the modified classes. Check out the online rule book if you want more details. http://www.scca.com/_FileLibrary/File/2007SoloRules.pdf

But it sounds like you are running on street tires currently so you may be seen as not posing much risk to the BSP competition that is on race rubber. But once you slap some race tires on that thing and start getting close to the 240z, attitudes may change. But it sounds like you guys have a nice laid back club which is nice.

BTW, is that on the big island?
Old 03-29-2007, 03:15 PM
steve40th
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '03 & '05

Originally Posted by 96CELT4
Sure. The basic jist of BSP is to allow the usual "bolt on mods" like headers, exhaust, intake, etc. It also allows for updating and backdating parts within a model line. So you could put an LT4 engine and Z51 springs on your car no problem. Actually any springs are allowed in BSP, as are any wheel size you can fit under the car with out going past the fenders so many inches. What it doesn't allow is changes to anythink internal to the engine or different heads. Those kind of changes will start bumping you up into classes like SM2, the old BP, or the modified classes. Check out the online rule book if you want more details. http://www.scca.com/_FileLibrary/File/2007SoloRules.pdf

But it sounds like you are running on street tires currently so you may be seen as not posing much risk to the BSP competition that is on race rubber. But once you slap some race tires on that thing and start getting close to the 240z, attitudes may change. But it sounds like you guys have a nice laid back club which is nice.

BTW, is that on the big island?
We are on Oahu, and that is Aloha Stadium parking lot we run in.
The 240Z guy you see is the number 1 guy here and is the SCCA Chair. He has been racing for a long time, and his wife runs that car too, in the same class and she is quite good, or the car is very good.
I will look into what classes I can run, to where I am competitive for times at least. Right now I am running the car to learn how to run it.
With the old BFG KD street tires my Vette hasa hard time getting around, in second gear as it spins very easily. I have a advanced street from VB&P alignment sheet, and the tires are not rolling over the chalk mark I make on the edges, and I am pushing it tot he point of oversteer and understeer.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:21 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

The engine rules are kinda goofy with the SCCA, you can swap in a carbed LT4 and be legal in BSP. You but the Hotcam kit on you LT1 and you up into SM2 Best to get the rule book and see what your dealing with.

The 240 is setup for autocrossing. You don't need HP, it's all suspension work, springs, shocks, and above all tires which is why I'm running 335 a-compounds on all 4.

BTW Love seeing the Impala SS run!
Old 03-29-2007, 03:36 PM
steve40th
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '03 & '05

Originally Posted by BrianCunningham
The engine rules are kinda goofy with the SCCA, you can swap in a carbed LT4 and be legal in BSP. You but the Hotcam kit on you LT1 and you up into SM2 Best to get the rule book and see what your dealing with.

The 240 is setup for autocrossing. You don't need HP, it's all suspension work, springs, shocks, and above all tires which is why I'm running 335 a-compounds on all 4.

BTW Love seeing the Impala SS run!
The Impala driver and his friend with the same SS Impala run the same times as I do. Of course, there cars have suspension and tires etc that are new. I need tires, no doubt. Now once I figure out how to make the old tires I have stick, vi alignemnt or whatever, I should do a little bette than the big Imps.

Get notified of new replies

To Video of SCCA Hawaii SOLO II Run Offs.

Quick Reply: Video of SCCA Hawaii SOLO II Run Offs.