Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BMW Autocross at TMS Bus Lot Sunday, 4/1/07

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 11:40 AM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,398 Likes on 749 Posts

Default BMW Autocross at TMS Bus Lot Sunday, 4/1/07

The Lone Star BMW CCA's second autocross of the year will be this Sunday at the south side bus lot at Texas Motor Speedway. Much smaller than Mineral Wells (and obviously tighter and slower), it also has much less gravel and quite a bit of grip. Weather is supposed to be great.

Registration is via www.dlbracing.com , cost is $40 for 8 timed runs for non-BMWCCA members, $30 for members.

Come on out and join us!

Have a good one,
Mike
Old 03-29-2007, 01:02 PM
johninar
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be there. I've enrolled my son in the Streetsurvival school on Saturday. Only problem is we'll be driving a Mitsubishi Lancer.

That should be interesting to say the least.
Look forward to it.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:09 PM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

John,

Really looking forward to meeting you and your son Saturday (I'll be one of the SS instructors). I was hoping you would be able to stay for the event Sunday, but that's a fair drive back to LR afterwards.

See you there!
Mike
Old 03-29-2007, 01:36 PM
johninar
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it's 5 hours in the Vette, 6 in the Lancer. Friday and Sunday will be long days. I also had knee surgery a few weeks ago, so standing for long periods will be a challenge. But I really didn't want him to miss a chance for his first AutoX.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:41 PM
XPC5R
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Staying home this weekend, the last 2 race weekends back to back wore me out Have fun guys
Old 03-29-2007, 04:05 PM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by johninar
But I really didn't want him to miss a chance for his first AutoX.
The "graduation" exercise in the SSS is a simple autocross setup that links together all of the basic exercises we work on during the day, although it's not timed.

Y'all will have a blast Sunday; see you Saturday morning.

Mike
Old 03-30-2007, 08:18 AM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Back TTT for general visibility.

John, saw you and your son signed up in Class X; looks like everything's set.

BTW, Saturday morning is forecasting showers exiting the area, so the start of the SSS might be damp. Sunday is sunny and 80! Spring is here!

Have a good one,
Mike
Old 04-02-2007, 11:08 PM
DaveL82
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

The wife and I stopped by for a while. She wanted to take the Miata out for a run in the country and made a stop at the autoX event.

After seeing the 79 vette there it gave me the incentive to pull the trans on my 80, check the syncros/forks and install the Long shifter. Haven't had the vette out since a track day at MSR last Sept.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:52 AM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

BMW put on another fun course Sunday. This event was run at the "bus lot" on the south side of Texas Motor Speedway. About 1/4 the size of our normal site out at Mineral Wells airport, the courses are naturally tighter and slower. But they still manage to put together some quick sections.

Being much closer to the DFW metroplex, we get several folks running the events at TMS that don't come out to MW. Notable in my class was a '06 Z06 on V710s, a track only 914-6, a trailered S2000 on either Hoosiers or V710s, and the usual cast of rally cars (an Evo and STi, V710 shod and driven by good drivers), Vettes, and Mustangs.

The 914 took FTD (a go-kart with a 911 engine), and I slotted in 4th in class, 2.xxx seconds behind the 914 and the two rally cars.

Take a look at the video (no music this time!); any critiques would be welcome. The critiques from last month (not aggressive enough in the slaloms) helped a bunch, I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QowaUEaL_A

Have a good one,
Mike

Get notified of new replies

To BMW Autocross at TMS Bus Lot Sunday, 4/1/07

Quick Reply: BMW Autocross at TMS Bus Lot Sunday, 4/1/07