Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Damn Corvettes are haunting me again!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 08:10 AM
Mikelly
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Damn Corvettes are haunting me again!

So My buddy Dennis, hardest working man I know, finally realized his dream and bought a 2002 Red Z06 w/black interior... He's always been a Vette fan from the sidelines, but now he's jumped in the deep end of the pool... Couple things he would like to address are:

Headers/cats/Xpipe
Seats - What seats do you folks recommend for daily driver, but that can be used also for track days?
I'm gonna get him some DRM Brake duct extenders, and pass along my old track day brake pads to him as well, if I can find them...
CAI
Speed Bleeders
Harness Bar Camera mount and harnesses
He'll eventually upgrade his Z06 wheels to something Bling-ish for the street, and lace up some slicks on the Z06 wheels when ready!

And guess who gets to install all this "stuff"? We're trading parts and labor (Mine) and his labor towads building the extension on my shop... I think it's a fair trade to get the foundation/slab done!

Mike
Old 03-31-2007, 11:21 AM
2000BSME
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikelly
So My buddy Dennis, hardest working man I know, finally realized his dream and bought a 2002 Red Z06 w/black interior... He's always been a Vette fan from the sidelines, but now he's jumped in the deep end of the pool... Couple things he would like to address are:

Headers/cats/Xpipe
Seats - What seats do you folks recommend for daily driver, but that can be used also for track days?
I'm gonna get him some DRM Brake duct extenders, and pass along my old track day brake pads to him as well, if I can find them...
CAI
Speed Bleeders
Harness Bar Camera mount and harnesses
He'll eventually upgrade his Z06 wheels to something Bling-ish for the street, and lace up some slicks on the Z06 wheels when ready!

And guess who gets to install all this "stuff"? We're trading parts and labor (Mine) and his labor towads building the extension on my shop... I think it's a fair trade to get the foundation/slab done!

Mike

Speed bleeders are a must. I actually just bought a power motive pressure bleeder as well, because AU N EGL is always promoting them... I wonder if he has stock in the company or something... Anyway it hasn't come yet.

Sounds like you know what you are doing already, but in case you are interested, I did a write up on installing the brake duct cooling a few weeks ago.
Old 04-01-2007, 12:55 AM
sleeper02Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mike,

You know they will always haunt you so long as I am around!! Just make sure you don't get one of those nasty cigars too close to his Z!!

Cya!

Joe
Old 04-01-2007, 07:17 AM
Mikelly
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Not to worry Joe, I quit smoking last year!

Mike

Get notified of new replies

To Damn Corvettes are haunting me again!

Quick Reply: Damn Corvettes are haunting me again!