Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kumho Tire at ST Pete ALMS

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 09:42 PM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Kumho Tire at ST Pete ALMS

Here is a few pics I thought I would share with everybody. We had our Intersports team in P1 (#37) and our Mazda BK team in P2 (#8). Our Mazda team dropped out after about 45 minutes with an electrical problem of some sort?

Our P1 car ran flawless with the Much larger tire package for them, but just didn't have enough to stay with the Audi's that are just remarkably fast. We had our second straight 3rd place podium finish with Kumho being the only other tire manufacture on the podium besides Michelin and Yokahama.

Next up is Long Beach where the WC cars will be back with us again. Love to watch LG and a few other friends of mine that run the series in a couple of (Cough, Cough) Vipers.

Aaron Quine
Kumho Tire (Motorsports)

Old 04-01-2007, 10:15 PM
BuckeyeZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

Well, now I at least know what you look like, Aaron. You can't sneak up on me OFF the track anymore, and after a discussion I had with Reed & Sandi yesterday, you can't sneak up on me ON the track, either!

Reed said you and a certain Tom S from Cleveland used to go at it pretty good in all the local Corvette events. This Tom character is a pretty good driver (pole in 2006 A/S Run Offs), so beating him tells me I better bring my "A" game when you are around.

BTW: bring the pit babes to the next NASA or SCCA race.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:04 PM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by BuckeyeZ06
Well, now I at least know what you look like, Aaron. You can't sneak up on me OFF the track anymore, and after a discussion I had with Reed & Sandi yesterday, you can't sneak up on me ON the track, either!

Reed said you and a certain Tom S from Cleveland used to go at it pretty good in all the local Corvette events. This Tom character is a pretty good driver (pole in 2006 A/S Run Offs), so beating him tells me I better bring my "A" game when you are around.

BTW: bring the pit babes to the next NASA or SCCA race.
Damn, Identity is out. No sneaking up on me now David! I will have to do a search for some pictures of you.

Reed and Sandi are great people and always enjoy seeing them. Yes, Tom and I had some good shoot outs back in the late 90's at Nelson's. I had a old 86 C4 car with a 355 carbed motor (400 HP) and 2,800 lbs. Only scary part is we do the standing start, 1 lap on COLD tires and come in. My best lap at Nelson's (Corvette Event) is a 111:73 from a standing start. I have no clue what my T1 car will do on flying laps with hot tires.

Would love to make it to Nelson's for a regional this year. I am trying to see if I can get off work to run the Double Regional at IRP (ORP Now) on May 5th and 6th. Are you or anybody you know going and what kind of T1 field should I expect?

I don't think I will be sneaking up on you or anybody else for that matter. This will be my first year racing SCCA, so I am just going to take it easy, learn the ropes and try and keep up with you and the others.

You like the models do you? They were from Florida and we hired them for the race. The one on the left (Aspen) will be with us for Long Beach and Houston too.

Stay in touch buddy,

Aaron Quine
Old 04-02-2007, 09:48 AM
mwvettec5
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A,

THANKS for the pics - GOOD LOOKING ladies

Can you post anymore shots of the C6R ???

Thanks again,

Emery
Old 04-02-2007, 12:19 PM
BuckeyeZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by rasrboy
I had a old 86 C4 car with a 355 carbed motor (400 HP) and 2,800 lbs. Only scary part is we do the standing start, 1 lap on COLD tires and come in. My best lap at Nelson's (Corvette Event) is a 111:73 from a standing start. I have no clue what my T1 car will do on flying laps with hot tires.

You like the models do you?

Aaron Quine
AQ, what was the coarse layout when you did the standing starts? A 1:11 is pretty fast for the full Nelson track with a "flying" start. I hope you weren't using the entire track. BTW, Freddy Baker has the T1 track record at 1:10 flat, my "best" is 1:11 flat not realy pushing it, mostly high 11s and 12s.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:21 PM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

DP,
We stage at grid, pull out onto track backwards from PIT IN, Make a U-turn onto the front straight and hammer the gas and the clock starts about 100 FT before Nelson's start/finish line. Run the full course and come pass the SAME start/finish line to stop the clock, hammer the brakes and turn in (HARD RIGHT) under the bridge into PIT OUT the opposite way. When I start I hit the lights in 2nd gear and when I finish I am in 4th. I have some in-car camera from that if you would like to see it sometime. It is on a 8 MM tape.

That is a great lap time you ran, hopefully you can take Freddy's record down this year.

Just confirmed with Boss today, I am going to run the Spring Sprints Double Regional at ORP on May 5th and 6th. This will be my first SCCA race. If you are going to this event let me know and we could tow out together if you like.

Aaron
Old 04-02-2007, 05:24 PM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by mwvettec5
A,

THANKS for the pics - GOOD LOOKING ladies

Can you post anymore shots of the C6R ???

Thanks again,

Emery

Emery,
Thats all the pics I had! Sorry,I don't really get that much time due to getting pressures set and taking temps on pit stops.

Aaron

Get notified of new replies

To Kumho Tire at ST Pete ALMS

Quick Reply: Kumho Tire at ST Pete ALMS