Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Autox Video: Event #2 and #3

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 10:07 PM
TommyBoy72
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Autox Video: Event #2 and #3

Second and thirds points event in the Z06...and my 4th and 5th runs ever in the Z06

Second event went VERY well, top PAX and FTD. Unfortunately the in-car video is totally washed out and not worth posting.

The third event (today) was not quite as good, 3rd fastest time and 5th in PAX. But at least the video is pretty interesting to watch.

http://www.deathtocones.com/videos/TR-4-1-07.wmv

Tell me what you think of the video.

I go long on one turn due to my ABS making the braking strangely long. It happened on a couple other runs. I have no idea why. I had this happen last event so I bled the system and its not as bad but still happens. Any ideas?
Old 04-01-2007, 11:02 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

I like the camera position experimentation.

Try an internal cam, that way you can watch yourself. You'd be surprised what you see.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:54 PM
TommyBoy72
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've done that for years on previous cars but in the Z06 my camera does not have a wide enough angle. I did try it on Saturday. That was the first time trying the camera on the side of the car. Good to see the distance from the cones and entertaining. Here is a vid from inside the car (was FTD) - note the lack of shifting...

http://www.deathtocones.com/videos/TR-3-31-07.wmv

Get notified of new replies

To Autox Video: Event #2 and #3

Quick Reply: Autox Video: Event #2 and #3