Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil Cooler Lines-Routing

Old 04-05-2007, 01:16 AM
Tourmgr1
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Oil Cooler Lines-Routing

Hi Gents,
Anyone car to share their method of routing oil lines to/from a front mounted oil cooler on a '02 Z06 ?
Currently mine are routed from the fitting above the oil filter and then run between the engine mounting bracket and the block. Currently one line has rubbed badly and I need to find a better way. I'm installing LG LT's so now is the time fix this problem if possible.
These are braided AN10 lines and the cooler is mounted in front of the rad. Pics would be very helpful.
Thanks.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:21 AM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,387 Likes on 742 Posts

Here's a link to my oil cooler install guide. There you'll see how I routed the hoses. 2 things different on mine: I used -8 lines, and I used nylon spiral wrap everywhere I thought the hoses could chafe. I've had to replace the nylon at the worst spot (coming through the front cross member), but nowhere else.

http://webpages.charter.net/VetteDrmr/

HTH, and have a good one,
Mike
Old 04-05-2007, 08:32 AM
freefall
Burning Brakes

I wrapped mine with header-wrap before installing. Heater hose works well too.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:53 AM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

You'll want to wrap the lines... I did mine w/ electrical loom, but it's melted off where the headers pass by.

[b]What is it chafing on?[b]

I looked mine over last oil change, and even though the plastic was melted where the headers pass by the top line I couldn't see any ill effects.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:56 AM
96CollectorSport
Melting Slicks

Location: If you don't weigh in you don't wrestle Road America
Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

I put a heat wrap like this one from Summit on to help block heat, plus wire loom to keep from chaffing.

Old 04-05-2007, 07:09 PM
Tourmgr1
Burning Brakes

Thanks Guys, I used all the ideas you suggested when I installed this but the problem is the lack of space with AN10 it's a very tight fit. The oil line braiding has worn on the block casting that's the engine mounting point. I'll get in there tonight and smooth out the casting and remove any rough edges and check out the damage ....I'll let you know how it looks.
VetteDrmr. I found your web pics helpful when I installed this last year ...thanks.

Get notified of new replies

To Oil Cooler Lines-Routing

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Oil Cooler Lines-Routing