Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Lappers this year?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 07:40 PM
see5
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Any Lappers this year?

One Lap is next month, any of you running?
Old 04-12-2007, 09:09 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will be...I am co-driving a Mustang
Old 04-12-2007, 09:15 PM
rudyarias
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by varkwso
I will be...I am co-driving a Mustang
Will be driving my 02 Z06
Old 04-13-2007, 08:46 PM
Gearheadotaku
Racer

I wish I was running...Drove in '03 and can't wait to do it again!
Old 04-13-2007, 10:41 PM
Axelrod
Team Owner

Received 71 Likes on 48 Posts

Yes.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:52 AM
FASTZ
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

is RAFTRACER running this year.A couple of years ago I saw him when they were running at Nelson Ledges.He broke a brake line in about turn 3 and never stopped going it was awsome to watch
Old 04-16-2007, 07:57 PM
racerjon1
Racer

Hey guys, new to the board, some of you know me, most of you dont.

From what I have heard through the grapevine RAFTRACER will be running this year.. but we should probably wait for the digital demon himself to tell us officially.

I will be running One Lap as well, in the Mongoose Motorsports GTP Replica. Aaron (RASRBOY) Will be running his first SCCA road race in his T1 Corvette during One Lap and won't be able to make it, so I will be filling in for him on the maiden run of the GTP.

You guys have probably seen the threads on the GTP, so you know how excited I am to get to try my hand at it and help with the shakedown.

Mongoose Motorsports has entered One Lap twice, and Aaron brought their Grand Sport car home in 2nd place overall in 2002. I hope that we can show the same reliabilty and I can bring the car home up front as well.

This will be my third One Lap of America, and my first in something other than a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution. My first year I finished 16th overall and third in class in a stock Evo; 2005 I ran with AMS in their drag race Evo with a roadrace drivetrain and finished 7th overall nursing a broken car and in 2006 I finished third overall driving the AMS 550whp time-attack Evo.

Me in the 2006 running of One Lap of America at No Problem Raceway

I will be updating my site, www.racerjon.com during the event, and will also post updates here through testing and the event.

Looking forward to being a semi-Corvette guy,

Jon K
Old 04-16-2007, 09:05 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by racerjon1

From what I have heard through the grapevine RAFTRACER will be running this year.. but we should probably wait for the digital demon himself to tell us officially.

I will be running One Lap as well, in the Mongoose Motorsports GTP Replica. Aaron (RASRBOY) Will be running his first SCCA road race in his T1 Corvette during One Lap and won't be able to make it, so I will be filling in for him on the maiden run of the GTP.

You guys have probably seen the threads on the GTP, so you know how excited I am to get to try my hand at it and help with the shakedown.

Mongoose Motorsports has entered One Lap twice, and Aaron brought their Grand Sport car home in 2nd place overall in 2002. I hope that we can show the same reliabilty and I can bring the car home up front as well.

This will be my third One Lap of America, and my first in something other than a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution. My first year I finished 16th overall and third in class in a stock Evo; 2005 I ran with AMS in their drag race Evo with a roadrace drivetrain and finished 7th overall nursing a broken car and in 2006 I finished third overall driving the AMS 550whp time-attack Evo.

I will be updating my site, www.racerjon.com during the event, and will also post updates here through testing and the event.

Jon K

Be careful - once you jump in Vette pool it may be hard to get yourself back out again....

jeff
Old 04-16-2007, 09:12 PM
racerjon1
Racer

Tell me about it.. Every time I get in a Z06 I pretty much fall in love. I have been in a bunch of much more expensive stuff (usually red, Italian names) and The Z06 is right with or above them. I am hoping that the GTP gets close.

Edit, Hi Jeff (going to take me a while to learn the names I do know on here)

Jon K
Old 04-16-2007, 09:46 PM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Received 355 Likes on 222 Posts

I have wanted to do One Lap for the last 1.5 years. I don't think it will happen for me this year/right now as I am trying to get my Z06 to the SCCA run-offs for the first time.

Where is the link to this event?

Oli
Old 04-16-2007, 10:02 PM
racerjon1
Racer

Originally Posted by Olitho
Where is the link to this event?
www.onelapofamerica.com

Has rules, schedule, news forums, etc.

It is officially known as The TireRack One Lap of America presented by Car&Driver. So there will be updates on car&driver.com as well.

In addition to that lake-effect-racing.com did videos last year and is expected to again this year, and there are another few cars that will have cameras and such. If i can get all the logistics in place (along with driving, daily blog etc) I will try to post up videos as well, sometimes it's hard jsut to take the 5 min to upload web code when you get to a hotel at 2-3am after driving 500-800 miles.

Jon K
Old 04-16-2007, 11:57 PM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Jon,
Good luck and be safe, that thing is going to be a sick ride. The guys at Mongoose are really great. Dean has known me since I was 5 years old. I watched him and my father race and then I started playing in Karts too.

I hope to do some testing when you get back from One Lap so I can get the feel of that thing for later events.

Stay in touch and If you need anything at all, give me a call.

Good Luck!

Aaron Quine
330-573-4338 Cell
rasrboy@hotmail.com

Jon K
Old 04-17-2007, 11:41 AM
racerjon1
Racer

Originally Posted by rasrboy
Jon,
Good luck and be safe, that thing is going to be a sick ride. The guys at Mongoose are really great. Dean has known me since I was 5 years old. I watched him and my father race and then I started playing in Karts too.
Thanks Aaron,

I saw your posts on them and it is good to see that they have a lot of respect from you. I have talked to both Dean and Craig, and I am looking forward to working with them for the event. I do think it is going to be a sick ride.

You posted up some pictures of the car on a couple other threads on here, is it ok if I right-click/save-as and post them up other places?

Jeff...

As far as being a Corvette guy, I found this picture:

That's me in 1987 at the Rolex (then Sunbank) 24 Hours of Daytona sitting in one of the Hendrick/GM Corvette GTP cars. I was 11 at the time.

I loved the GTP class, and the silver and black GM "Vettes" were one of my favorites, so this is a pretty cool deal for me to get to drive this version.

Jon K
www.racerjon.com
Old 04-17-2007, 05:25 PM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks Aaron,

I saw your posts on them and it is good to see that they have a lot of respect from you. I have talked to both Dean and Craig, and I am looking forward to working with them for the event. I do think it is going to be a sick ride.

You posted up some pictures of the car on a couple other threads on here, is it ok if I right-click/save-as and post them up other places?

Jeff...

As far as being a Corvette guy, I found this picture:

That's me in 1987 at the Rolex (then Sunbank) 24 Hours of Daytona sitting in one of the Hendrick/GM Corvette GTP cars. I was 11 at the time.

I loved the GTP class, and the silver and black GM "Vettes" were one of my favorites, so this is a pretty cool deal for me to get to drive this version.

Jon K
www.racerjon.com

Jon,
You are more than welcome to copy anything anytime. When I stop by and take more pictures, I will forward them to you.

Aaron
Old 04-17-2007, 09:02 PM
racerjon1
Racer

Originally Posted by rasrboy
Jon,
You are more than welcome to copy anything anytime. When I stop by and take more pictures, I will forward them to you.

Aaron
Awesome thanks man. The guys on the Mitsubishi and Subaru forums are even excited about the car, so it's capturing a lot of imagination already.

Jon K
Old 04-17-2007, 11:47 PM
1lapRacer
Instructor

Default Running 2007 also

Jon we will be there in Southbend. Can't wait to see your ride. Saw your reply to my post on the onelap board. We have the black 91 c4 running this year. Ran it in 2000 with some minor problems (lost the cats and the tranny). Ran a Subbie Impreza in 1999.

Hope to catch up with you in Southbend and maybe we will run nose to tail across some of those desolate and long states. The run out to Utah should be quite a night reminds me of the Pikes Peak to Texas World Speedway run.

I also want to talk with you about getting my wife out on track the next time you run a school at Roebling!

Can't wait... now back out to the garage to work on more stuff.

Keith

Last edited by 1lapRacer; 04-17-2007 at 11:49 PM.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:57 AM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 1lapRacer
.....Hope to catch up with you in Southbend and maybe we will run nose to tail across some of those desolate and long states. The run out to Utah should be quite a night reminds me of the Pikes Peak to Texas World Speedway run.

I also want to talk with you about getting my wife out on track the next time you run a school at Roebling!

Can't wait... now back out to the garage to work on more stuff.

Keith

Jon runs great track events at Roebling....next one is 18 May.

It will be a long night from Iowa to Utah. The ride from Utah to Pueblo will also be a slow go for the miles. If we have a full moon we may even see some scenery - maybe I should see if I can scavenge some NVGs/NODs for late night viewing.

I finally got my physical/license/entry paperwork in the mail - a few more hotels to book and I am done except for sleeping before the event.

Anyone doing the Gingerman test&tune on Thursday before the event?

I am jumping in the car cold - guess the long nights will break me in gently...

Get notified of new replies

To Any Lappers this year?

Old 04-20-2007, 08:26 AM
racerjon1
Racer

Yea, Iowa to Utah is going to be rough.. I haven't looked at the maps yet to really see what rout they are sending us on.

Last year from Iowa to Baton Rouge was listed as 980 miles or something, but that was back roads. We took the highway as much as we could, added 100 miles or so, but it was a lot less stressful than back roads. We even got to No Problem Raceway in time to take pictures of everyone napping on the asphalt. (I tried to sleep, but me + racetrack + daylight = wired)

As far as scenery goes, I am really looking forward to this one, my past three events 03, 05, and 06 were pretty much plains states and east coast, this trip should have about everything. Plains, mountians, desert, woods.

I will not be at the Gingerman test day I don't think, as I have an exam that day.

Jon K
Old 04-20-2007, 02:00 PM
CrvtBB
Melting Slicks

Received 133 Likes on 76 Posts

I'm running. Nowhere near the experience it appears many have, but hoping to keep the car together and get some decent laps in nonetheless.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:22 PM
racerjon1
Racer

Originally Posted by CrvtBB
I'm running. Nowhere near the experience it appears many have, but hoping to keep the car together and get some decent laps in nonetheless.
Have you run before? Either way, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Jon K

Quick Reply: Any Lappers this year?