Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carbotech brakes on the way to Seebring

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 09:25 PM
Cbntmn
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carbotech brakes on the way to Seebring

I have to drive about 6 or 7 hours to get to Seebring. Should I not put the Carbotech 10s on the car until I get there or can I drive them all the way down? I would imagine ill just about kill them in the two days on the track and may have to change out to get home.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:31 PM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cbntmn
I have to drive about 6 or 7 hours to get to Seebring. Should I not put the Carbotech 10s on the car until I get there or can I drive them all the way down? I would imagine ill just about kill them in the two days on the track and may have to change out to get home.
I use to drive on 10's all the time, even on the street between track events. They are noisy and dusty, but that is the extent of it. They are fine and cold stopping is not a problem. Matter of fact, I left a set of XP9's on the rear of my car all summer long as I got sick of constantly changing them out
Old 04-16-2007, 10:39 PM
vms4evr
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ditto!

I ran a set of XP8's on all 4 corners and just left them on all the time. All I did was swap them side to side to help with the taper between events. I'm running XP10/XP8 on the street now between events. They won't wear out on a 6-7hr drive to Sebring.

It wouldn't hurt if you ran them hard one night and then let them cool over night. Just so you get more pad material deposited on the rotors. It'll help the rotors and reduce the squealing.

Get notified of new replies

To Carbotech brakes on the way to Seebring

Quick Reply: Carbotech brakes on the way to Seebring