Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which C4 weld on 8 point Roll Cage is better?

Old 04-28-2007, 01:08 AM
mrgrimes
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Which C4 weld on 8 point Roll Cage is better?

S&W, Autopower, or Kirk?

Which one has better fit?

Darrin
Old 04-28-2007, 08:35 AM
Mojave
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I am also interested in this, as my C4 needs a cage as well.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:24 AM
ZBRA
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a guy in New Orleans (Mike Poupart) who builds C3 and C4 track cars. My father-in-law bought one of his C3 track cars, and has done well with it.

He installs a very nice C4 cage and will make the side bars however you want them. I've personally seen four cars he put a cage in, and all were very well done. All had slightly different side bars depending on what the customer wanted. One was a full Nascar style side cage.

I plan to have him put my cage in.

http://www.aggressiveinc.com/mpmotorworks.html

Old 04-30-2007, 01:39 PM
mrgrimes
Advanced

Thanks for the info but I live in Seattle. I am suprised by how little interest there is in this forum for C4 roll cages.
The following users liked this post:
Jim85z51 (03-31-2022)
Old 05-01-2007, 02:10 AM
0Vector Vette
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If this is a serious track car, I would find a stock car shop in the area and have them build you a custom rollcage.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:20 AM
VanSpeed
Pro

Received 80 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by mrgrimes
S&W, Autopower, or Kirk?

Which one has better fit?

Darrin
I can not comment on the full cage. But, I have the Autopower roll bar and it fits just fine. You would not be able to store the roof panel in the stock location anymore, some people comment about that. Not an issue for me because my car is mainly a track car. I plan to add the front bars to make the full cage some day. It should be straight forward because Autopower sells the roll bar and front cage together or separate. Here is a picture of the roll bar in my car.

Brian
Old 05-01-2007, 01:15 PM
mrc24x
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I bought the S&W kit. The top "hoop" went directly over my helmet. Needless to say I scrubbed that idea and had a custom cage installed.

Old 05-01-2007, 04:16 PM
MAC95 6SPD
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want a full cage then have one built for you. A custom job will not be that much more expensive and will be better.
MAC
Old 05-01-2007, 05:59 PM
mrgrimes
Advanced

The reason I asked was it's hard to get any specifics out of the roll cage vendors about fit and finish, let alone a picture.

I really want the build it myself, mostly because I enjoy doing that sort of thing. Maybe I'll buy an Autopower roll bar and then build the rest of it my self.

Thanks for all the info, and Mrc24x geat roll cage!
Old 05-01-2007, 08:14 PM
sasnglass77
Race Director

Originally Posted by ZBRA
There is a guy in New Orleans (Mike Poupart) who builds C3 and C4 track cars. My father-in-law bought one of his C3 track cars, and has done well with it.

He installs a very nice C4 cage and will make the side bars however you want them. I've personally seen four cars he put a cage in, and all were very well done. All had slightly different side bars depending on what the customer wanted. One was a full Nascar style side cage.

Can you please post pics of your fnl c3?? I have a bar in mine and have debated putting a whole cage in it would like to see how the inside looks and how cut up the car will be.
TIA
Laurie
Old 05-01-2007, 08:16 PM
sasnglass77
Race Director

Originally Posted by ZBRA

Can you please post pics of your fnl c3?? I have an Autopower bar in mine and have debated putting a whole cage in it would like to see how the inside looks and how cut up the car will be.
TIA
Laurie
Old 06-07-2007, 11:31 AM
MorpheusGPR
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mrgrimes
The reason I asked was it's hard to get any specifics out of the roll cage vendors about fit and finish, let alone a picture.

I really want the build it myself, mostly because I enjoy doing that sort of thing. Maybe I'll buy an Autopower roll bar and then build the rest of it my self.

Thanks for all the info, and Mrc24x geat roll cage!

So you could start with the autopower to get things rolling then have a shop add onto it later to make the full cage for more serious applications?
Old 06-07-2007, 11:40 AM
MorpheusGPR
Burning Brakes

This is one I am looking to maybe consider. I am looking to run high speed road course events to start.

http://www.autopowerindustries.com/rollcages.asp

Get notified of new replies

To Which C4 weld on 8 point Roll Cage is better?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Which C4 weld on 8 point Roll Cage is better?