Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C4 track guys Please step in.

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 03:10 PM
HJV11
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C4 track guys Please step in.

What front lower valance are you running on your track car?
I have a 94 C4 that I have been building for a while now. I have been doing alot of local autox stuff but will be doing more and more track days this year. I am getting it painted and want a lower valance or new front bumper as a whole. I saw one I liked from Melrose and am calling them on monday but have seen a few differentones people are using and would like to see them and find out where you got them.

Thanks in advance,
RJ
Old 04-28-2007, 03:16 PM
94ZR1#444
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought about a valance and then saw C5''s that would catch every time they came up the trailer ramp, so I passed on this upgrade. I know you have a C4, but if after its all installed and it won't go up a trailer ramp w/o catching, you're screwed.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:29 PM
larryfs
Safety Car

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

The $100 ecklers kit with the brake duct holes. works well.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:16 PM
Shrek
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey RJ, We love the looks of our Greenwood add on, but it sure is one big pain in the butt loading it on the trailers.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:24 PM
Solo2GS
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by larryfs
The $100 ecklers kit with the brake duct holes. works well.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:22 PM
94ZR1#444
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Shrek
Hey RJ, We love the looks of our Greenwood add on, but it sure is one big pain in the butt loading it on the trailers.
Jeff,

How the heck do you get a jack under that aero package? I would have broken every piece of that kit but it does look good though.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:31 PM
HJV11
Racer

Originally Posted by Shrek
Hey Jeff, do you use any 2X6s or anything when getting it up onto the dovetail? I scrape now without the 2X6s but I am running that garden trim.. Ummm..... .. I mean "special high speed" lower valance. LOL

I am just looking at all the options since I am hoping to get the car painted soon and like the look of some of the track car front ends I have seen.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:55 PM
0Vector Vette
Former Vendor

If you are talking about a track only front valance, I own the molds for a really trick setup. You can see what it looks like by going to www.TCCRACING.com, click on the photos page, go to Watkins Glen. It is the red, white and blue C4 with the wing. You can click on the picture to get a full screen view. You will need to extend your ramps to get this car on the trailer. PM me if you are interested.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:44 AM
ZBRA
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Vector Vette
If you are talking about a track only front valance, I own the molds for a really trick setup. You can see what it looks like by going to www.TCCRACING.com, click on the photos page, go to Watkins Glen. It is the red, white and blue C4 with the wing. You can click on the picture to get a full screen view. You will need to extend your ramps to get this car on the trailer. PM me if you are interested.
This one?

Old 04-29-2007, 12:13 PM
0Vector Vette
Former Vendor

No, that is my brother Randy. His car is all standard bodywork on it. My car is red, white, and blue. It has a wing and full ground effects bodywork. It has a Mobil 1 decal on the hood.
Old 04-29-2007, 06:12 PM
Shrek
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 94ZR1#444
Jeff,

How the heck do you get a jack under that aero package? I would have broken every piece of that kit but it does look good though.
Hi Mark! I have to use the stock scissors jack and an impact gun.

RJ..I made a set of six foot ramps and hinged them onto the ramp door of the enclosed trailer. For the open trailer I have a wooden block that the pull out ramps rest on, then I hook my car lift aluminum ramps onto to that. I still have to raise the tongue with both setups.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:14 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

this one?
Old 04-29-2007, 11:58 PM
0Vector Vette
Former Vendor

That looks familiar!
Old 04-30-2007, 04:56 PM
MAC95 6SPD
Racer

Robert <vector vette> has a nice body kit. If you are looking for a track body I would consider his.

MAC
Old 04-30-2007, 06:06 PM
craig brian johnson
Intermediate

One idea to make the loading/unloading easier is to make the nose detachable.

I installed 2 locating pins that pass thru 2 straps that run vertically alon the back side of the bumper cover. Merely, unbolt the 5 inner fender bolt, then pull the pin clips and you can slide the nose forward and off.

Boy, those noses pictured above are really slick!
Old 04-30-2007, 09:24 PM
Jeffvette
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vector Vette

How much?
Old 05-01-2007, 01:30 AM
0Vector Vette
Former Vendor

Thanks Mat. Are you coming to Grattan? The new C6 project isn't likely to be finished in time. I will have to bring out the 59 car. Hope to see you up there.
Robert

Get notified of new replies

To C4 track guys Please step in.

Old 05-01-2007, 01:58 AM
0Vector Vette
Former Vendor

Jeff,
I assume you are asking about the nose. It is $900 and the splitter is $300. The hood is $1400, it is a really nice piece that has louvers above the radiator and wheels. It weighs about 23 pounds. The side panels are $850 each. They are also very unique. If you look closely, you will notice that the panels come all the way up to the centerline of the door. The door is then cut in half and you have half a door. The splitter has an undertray built into it that pulls air from under the car, directs it toward the brake area, and the side pods sweep behind the front wheels and direct the air out and down the side of the car. I also ha a fully adjustable wing that is $900 and the mount for it is $400.

Or you can buy the whole car for $30K.

PM me if interested in anything or if you just want to talk Corvette Racing!
Thanks
Robert Finlayson
Old 05-01-2007, 02:21 AM
Jeffvette
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Robert, thanks for the reply. I'm interested in the pieces as I already have a fairly well sorted out track car. It has a LS1 with a T56 going into it. I'd be interested in seeing some detailed pics of the body work.

Interested in talking about it as well. I'm heading to BG for the ZR-1 event tomorrow. Will be back in a week.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:24 PM
MAC95 6SPD
Racer

Robert, No I wont be at Grattan, this years schedule turned out to be a series of bad dates. Grattan is Justin's high school graduation. They changed it from June to May to avoid a conflict with another local school.
I should be at Nelson Ledges for my first TCC event.

Mat

Quick Reply: C4 track guys Please step in.