Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Increasing Steering Feel/Response

Old 05-06-2007, 01:21 PM
NoOne
Team Owner

Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

Default Increasing Steering Feel/Response

I had my first event of the year on Friday and worked on seating position, wheel position, and staying more planted in the seat.

Those 3 things made huge improvements in my driving.

Which of course reflects another thing that could be improved.

I compare a lot to my old FD RX7 but there were so many things I like about the car as far as steering and brakes in comparison to the C5. However the C5 is a better overall car for DD and just to live with day in and day out.

On the steering part the Rx7 had go-kart steering, it was instant and needed very little input compared to the C5 which is a bit slow and you really need some serious movement of the wheel.

I noticed this more and more as I played around with turning the E-nanny totally off. A few times I wanted to correct and I was always having a tough time with the amount of wheel movement involved.

I assume a smaller diameter steering wheel would help the most correct? What about if I want to retain the airbag and stock wheel or is that my only real option?

Thanks
Old 05-06-2007, 08:11 PM
MungoZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11

What are your F/R settings?
F camber/caster/toe
R camber/toe
Old 05-06-2007, 08:13 PM
NoOne
Team Owner

Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

I'd have to look it up....I had posted here a year or so ago asking for a good split between street/track.

I think either John S or Au En gave me a set of specs which I had it aligned to.

I'll try to dig it up tonight.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:07 PM
MungoZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11

Reason I ask ... and it's not that I know anything ... just have read a lot of posts ... initial turn-in steering response can be improved by laying in a little toe-out. Front end can be tightened by going to Poly or Delrin bushings ... haven't heard of anyone going to a quicker ratio steering or to a smaller s-wheel ...

Get notified of new replies

To Increasing Steering Feel/Response

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Increasing Steering Feel/Response