Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F1: Go, Lewis!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 09:02 AM
Slalom4me
Le Mans Master

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Default F1: Go, Lewis!

Michael Schumacher is in the pits to coach for the first time since his
retirement, Ron Dennis is standing by his earlier commitment about not
favouring drivers.

The stage is set for Lewis Hamilton to cement his place in history in
unequivocal circumstances.

Old 05-13-2007, 09:41 AM
GeorgeZNJ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Been watching it since it started this morning, interesting start. Fuel pressure problems, not braking when the car in front of you does, a rear tire failure but the babes in the ferrari camp
Old 05-13-2007, 10:38 AM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In II Veteran

I am very impressed by him. He seems to be a first class type of guy as well, something that is lacking in so many other young superstars in other sports, actors, etc.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:56 PM
RMVette06
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

His post race press conference further reinforced his level headedness. No showboating or gloating, straight business, this kid knows winning is what really counts there and can't get a big head until he does win consistenly.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:13 PM
Slalom4me
Le Mans Master

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Congratulations to Hamilton for yet another accomplishment in becoming the
youngest leader. While he is no Bruce McLaren (in the sense that
McLaren was also deeply involved in the design, construction and testing
of the Cooper in which he won the honour in '59), my vote is it is fitting
in several ways that Hamilton is the one to take over the title.

On another matter. While to me it is a mark of his sense of sportsmanship,
I think that Lewis Hamilton may be demonstrating too much camaraderie
with Felipe Massa.

Hamilton's teammate is Alonso and Lewis needs to both remember and
acknowledge by his actions that he remembers this. Massa will eat his
lunch, Alonso can work with him so that together they can dominate.

Old 05-14-2007, 07:24 AM
Cape Cod Bob
Account disabled by user request 2 March 2009

Kinda hard to judge Hamilton as he's on 1 of the 2 best teams with the best of everything.
Stick him in a Honda or something else that runs in the back and see if he can make the podium.

But it sure is a pleasure to "hear" him speak ENGLISH!!

Bob B.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:29 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

here is the real deal and may turn out better than anyone EVER!
Old 05-14-2007, 10:23 AM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,394 Likes on 747 Posts

Originally Posted by Slalom4me
I think that Lewis Hamilton may be demonstrating too much camaraderie with Felipe Massa.

Hamilton's teammate is Alonso and Lewis needs to both remember and
acknowledge by his actions that he remembers this. Massa will eat his
lunch, Alonso can work with him so that together they can dominate.
I understand the teamates need to work together. I don't think Alonso will be that charitable towards his "second" as long as Hamilton continues to perform as well as he has.

I continue to be impressed by Massa. He's still vulnerable to the occasional lapses in judgement, but all in all he's handling himself pretty well.

Hamilton is still the real deal; even as a rookie. Who knows what he'll do in a couple or three years?

Have a good one,
Mike
Old 05-14-2007, 10:32 AM
RMVette06
Instructor

I think Massa's personality is brought out so much more because he is with Ferrari and were all used to schumi's robot like stature. Not that he wasn't interesting, but how often did you see him make a mistake, ever? Massa has a more flamboyant personality almost in the tradition of bandini. I like him alot and think that he will ultimatley be this years champion. Hamilton will be 2nd because he will win 2 or 3 races at most. he's dead consistent, but hitting that next level of winning is another step up. I'd go out on a limb to say massa could take 5 or 6 and alonso 5 or 6. Internal conflict (and ego) within Mclaren will be what hinders Alonso this year.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:57 PM
hisvett
Melting Slicks

Received 384 Likes on 244 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

I have a new HERO this year
Old 05-14-2007, 10:18 PM
Bink
Safety Car

Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Ecclestone compares Hamilton to Schumacher link-> http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2007/...to_schumacher/
Old 05-14-2007, 10:56 PM
Cape Cod Bob
Account disabled by user request 2 March 2009

Originally Posted by Bink
Ecclestone compares Hamilton to Schumacher link-> http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2007/...to_schumacher/

And the guy's not even won a single race!!

But I believe there was a lot of excitement at the Spanish GP this weekend. A car that was behind another car, overtook the car in front of it. They came oh so close. The announcers squeeled! They were only inches apart. Very frightening!!

And the poor sob that has to do the interviews in pit lane before the race. He's begging to talk to anyone. But the high and mighty boys of F1 will have none of that.

And I love KR's interviews. All done in a single octive....

So, F1 boys, be careful. We don't want any of those cars touching. And stay in line!!
Only 14 guys over the wall on pit stops. And we will still have a screwed up fueling setup so once in a while a few flames will add to the action!!!

And who does Bob Varsha's haircuts?

MS come back. You're the only guy worth watching on the podium. The other guys are so tiny it looks like a weigh-in for jockeys at a horse race.

(thought I'd stir the F1 pot a bit )

Bob
Old 05-14-2007, 11:38 PM
UberR32
Pro

Originally Posted by Cape Cod Bob

And the guy's not even won a single race!!

But I believe there was a lot of excitement at the Spanish GP this weekend. A car that was behind another car, overtook the car in front of it. They came oh so close. The announcers squeeled! They were only inches apart. Very frightening!!

And the poor sob that has to do the interviews in pit lane before the race. He's begging to talk to anyone. But the high and mighty boys of F1 will have none of that.

And I love KR's interviews. All done in a single octive....

So, F1 boys, be careful. We don't want any of those cars touching. And stay in line!!
Only 14 guys over the wall on pit stops. And we will still have a screwed up fueling setup so once in a while a few flames will add to the action!!!

And who does Bob Varsha's haircuts?

MS come back. You're the only guy worth watching on the podium. The other guys are so tiny it looks like a weigh-in for jockeys at a horse race.

(thought I'd stir the F1 pot a bit )

Bob
Agree with everything except bringing back MS . . . I just never bought his arrogance. Oh, and Bob Varsha's hair comment - I have no idea what his hair looked like.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:10 PM
GMmuscle86
Advanced

Originally Posted by UberR32
Agree with everything except bringing back MS . . . I just never bought his arrogance. Oh, and Bob Varsha's hair comment - I have no idea what his hair looked like.
Well how well MS has done. I think we all have a ego boost after being so successful in F1. I think MS seemed like the most down to earth guy from the interviews and such. He might not be the nicest guy in the world but he didn't seem a like a ***** either.

Lewis seems to know how to handle himself but idk if he is going to win a race or not. He has shown how he can come very close but I think right now Mclaren doesn't have enough car right now compared to the Ferrari's. It just seems to me that the Ferrari's seem to have more power down the straights then the Mclaren. Who knows though. Tons of season left and anything can happen. I'm shocked I have to say on how well Nick Hiefield is doing in the BMW.

I feel like these races have been a little boring though. Not much passing at all and so spread out from each other. Monte-Carlo will close things up but again be very little passing.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:41 PM
XPC5R
Drifting

Some of the best excitement is in qualifying But it's still good to see 2 strong teams duking it out.

My vote is Massa for the title, he has behind him a great organization, that is holding up well with the departure of some of it's leadership. And while it seems to get glossed over a lot with Lewis present, he is really laying the smack on the rest of the champions and wannabees in sheer speed - Both in qualifying and in the races.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:52 PM
Sidney004
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree that Massa is looking real good. That first corner fight with Alonso was pivotal because it was a warning shot to the top three contenders that he is not going back down and it was a big ego boost for Massa. They will think twice at Saint Devote before diving for the inside if Massa puts it on pole..
Old 05-15-2007, 07:57 PM
RMVette06
Instructor

[QUOTE=GMmuscle86;1560259557]

Lewis seems to know how to handle himself but idk if he is going to win a race or not. He has shown how he can come very close but I think right now Mclaren doesn't have enough car right now compared to the Ferrari's. It just seems to me that the Ferrari's seem to have more power down the straights then the Mclaren. Who knows though. Tons of season left and anything can happen. I'm shocked I have to say on how well Nick Hiefield is doing in the BMW.

QUOTE]

I think its closer than in alot of years. The Mclaren's don't seem as fast because Raikonnen isn't going 11/10ths in them all of the time. What they have proven is reliability. The F2007 has worked well so far but im not totally convinced itll go the full season unscathed, Kimi's gremlins this weekend show its not perfect. I don't know If I can see Lewis simply outracing Massa and Kimi, but I can see him winning when the ferrari's break (wow, never thought id say that).

Oh and Heidfeld is my darkhorse, that guys bound to win someday. Maybe his lap of the nurburgring will help his driving skills?

Get notified of new replies

To F1: Go, Lewis!

Quick Reply: F1: Go, Lewis!