Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OE Concepts Black Motorsports wheels

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 10:22 PM
Z06 Bob
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default OE Concepts Black Motorsports wheels

I recently purchased a set of OE Concepts Black Motorsports Wheels for use on the track. I noticed there were a couple of threads on the forum that said the Chinese made wheels were unsafe for use on the track.
I contacted the company with my concerns and they took them so seriously that they ran additional tests at their factory to ensure that the wheels would hold up to the use on the track. Today I recieved those results and was pleased that the wheels are ok for this use.

I have to commend Brandon at OE Concepts for his diligent follow-up, and communication while the tests were being completed. His concern for my safety as well as others on the track was very evident. I would recommend doing business with this company. By the way, I bought the OE Concept wheels from TomZWheels who is a sponsor on the forum.
It's not very often that customer service is taken to this level, and I
felt they desverved a plug.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:49 AM
mwvettec5
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Z06 Bob

recently purchased a set of OE Concepts Black Motorsports Wheels for use on the track. I noticed there were a couple of threads on the forum that said the Chinese made wheels were unsafe for use on the track.

I contacted the company with my concerns and they took them so seriously that they ran additional tests at their factory to ensure that the wheels would hold up to the use on the track. Today I recieved those results and was pleased that the wheels are ok for this use.
Would you mind posting that info here ???

THANKS !!!

Old 05-16-2007, 09:17 AM
Adam Boca
Race Director

Location: www.ncminsurance.com Bowling Green KY Home of the Corvette!
Received 126 Likes on 66 Posts
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Vet
St. Jude Donor '07-'08
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Are these the wheels with the chrome rivits?

If it is make sure they are not plastic imitation rivits...If they are they can melt..

Adam
Old 05-16-2007, 10:21 AM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used the grand sport replica's with Hoosier and 710's for a few years with no problems. They were great, but heavy. That is the downside to these rims, they seem to be very strong, but they add extra material to do so and it does make them heavier than stock wheels.

I decided to use the reproductions for street duty and use my OEM wheels on the track. But again, after years of using repo's on the track, I personally had no problems.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:55 AM
0TomLzzz
Former Vendor

Default Tomz on vacation

Hi all, Tom has been on the run for the last couple of weeks and will be out of town most of next week. I will try my best to keep up with PM's and the forums but if I do not get back to you please give us a call toll free at 1-866-939-1030. Also feel free to Email us at tomzwheels.com We have more people here at the office on the phones and answering Emails.

Thanks
Nancy
Old 05-16-2007, 07:02 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06 Bob
I recently purchased a set of OE Concepts Black Motorsports Wheels for use on the track. I noticed there were a couple of threads on the forum that said the Chinese made wheels were unsafe for use on the track.

I have to commend Brandon at OE Concepts for his diligent follow-up, and communication while the tests were being completed. His concern for my safety as well as others on the track was very evident. I would recommend doing business with this company. By the way, I bought the OE Concept wheels from TomZWheels who is a sponsor on the forum.
It's not very often that customer service is taken to this level, and I
felt they desverved a plug.
What were the test results and what equipment do they test with at the factory? What do they weigh? Thanks
Old 05-16-2007, 08:47 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 712 Likes on 493 Posts

I had a set of 18x10.5's, and they were over 28lbs each. The OEM speedlines are around 19 lbs each, so I stuck to the OEM wheels.

I don't know if mine were OE Concepts or not....but they were beefy.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:31 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by davidfarmer
I had a set of 18x10.5's, and they were over 28lbs each. The OEM speedlines are around 19 lbs each, so I stuck to the OEM wheels.

I don't know if mine were OE Concepts or not....but they were beefy.
That is like spinning two bricks on each wheel
Old 05-16-2007, 10:31 PM
Z06 Bob
Instructor

David,

Did you use them on the track, and if so, could you notice a performance/handling difference?

I was told the additional weight could affect handling.
What do you think?

Get notified of new replies

To OE Concepts Black Motorsports wheels

Quick Reply: OE Concepts Black Motorsports wheels