Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto crossing & MSR

Old 05-27-2007, 10:10 PM
Donn Malwick
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Auto crossing & MSR

Does anyone have any experience with the magnetic select ride option & Autocrossing? I'm going to order a new 2008 & since the bigger brakes & rotors come with MSR I'm thinking it might be a good combo to give better street ride while doing well in Autocross. Today while Autocrossing some one told me no the shocks get too hot???
I know probably not quite as good on the track but would be far smoother on trips. Any one have any experience with this???
Old 05-28-2007, 12:26 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,910 Likes on 5,325 Posts

I doubt the shocks would get too hot in the normal 1 to 2 minute autocross. However, I doubt they would give the performance advantage the Z51 setup would provide. You need the springs, sway bars and shocks to get the best performance.

Bill
Old 05-28-2007, 07:54 AM
naschmitz
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I've autocrossed my 2006 F55 at two meets so far. Each day had eight runs over a 1.6 mile course. No problem with the shocks or any other part of the car.

Although my skill level is not taking advantage of all the performance the car has to offer, I think for $160 I will put the Z51 sway bars on it for my next autocross. The biggest difference is the size of the rear bar which will give me some more front grip that I need with the stock Goodyears. With this setup, hopefully I will have the perfect balance between autocrosser/daily driver/highway cruiser.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:47 AM
TedDBere
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I autox'd the F55 for three years. They're fine if you upgrade the front bar and don't need to be regionally/nationally competitive. The best part was switching to the "tour" mode in the rain and having a daily driver that my wife could tolerate. OK to learn autox with but as I got better I needed more rebound but couldn't get it. You'll never be able to compete in autox against the C5Z with any current C6 variant so get what you want in the C6. IMHO

Last edited by TedDBere; 05-28-2007 at 10:50 AM.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:52 AM
TedDBere
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

BTW, switching the rear bar takes you out of stock class in SCCA solo competition.

Get notified of new replies

To Auto crossing & MSR

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Auto crossing & MSR