Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitto 555RII - the Rain Tire!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 03:15 PM
MungoZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11
Default Nitto 555RII - the Rain Tire!!!

WDCR-SCCA PDX (HPDE) Summit Point (main track) Jun 3.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...&highlight=pdx

Blitz_was the token C6Z

Half dozen C5Z's ... not all of whom I got to talk to due to run group dispersion.
CJ68 was there ...along with a guy from my club that got bounced among three run groups ...

first track event of the year ... wanted to feel out the car after: 04 C5Z shock install, Carbotech XP10/8 pads, and Nitto's (after three years on stock f1sc's ... 1.5 sets consumed on track, 30% left on remaining set)
My first session was on semi-wet track under spotty drizzle. Still managed to get some heat into the tires and heated up the brakes ... feelin' good 'bout things.
Then the drizzle increased to slow, steady but light rain. Continued the rest of the day. But I did three more sessions on the Nitto's and drove home on them in a steady rain ... and they dun good. ... just be careful of standing water ... and know that braking can be "interesting" if one tire is in a rutty spot with water in it and one is on a wet but no standing water spot ...

I'll let Blitz_ report on his kumho experience and his stock runflat experience ...

Last edited by MungoZ06; 06-04-2007 at 03:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Nitto 555RII - the Rain Tire!!!