Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Canadian F-1 Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 07:16 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Canadian F-1 Spoiler

Some race and some horrific accident Did not think Kubica would be OK. Hamilton wins and Alonso and Ferrari were horrible. Wild race.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:21 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In the end they said Kubica only suffered a broken leg! I was suprised by almost everything except Hamilton. Go Sato!
Old 06-10-2007, 07:31 PM
joemoia
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As I said in another post, it was a pretty bizarre race; the crash, Alonzo off-roading around the circuit, Massa & Fisi getting black flagged, Sato passing Alonzo, Wurz on the podium driving most of the race with a broken rear wing, Kimi a non-factor.

The race is being rebroadcast on Speed next Weds. 12:30PM, hopefully they will include Peter Windsor's post-race interviews.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:56 PM
micro
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

great pass when sato made alonso wear it in his old F1 car from Super Aguri

http://www.saf1.co.jp/en/
Old 06-10-2007, 10:12 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by joemoia
As I said in another post, it was a pretty bizarre race; the crash, Alonzo off-roading around the circuit, Massa & Fisi getting black flagged, Sato passing Alonzo, Wurz on the podium driving most of the race with a broken rear wing, Kimi a non-factor.

The race is being rebroadcast on Speed next Weds. 12:30PM, hopefully they will include Peter Windsor's post-race interviews.

yea missed that interview
Old 06-11-2007, 01:19 AM
Rob Burgoon
Racer

I'm new to watching F1, so I dont know what passes for acceptable ontrack behavior, but did anyone else think Alonso was a ***** for locking up, cutting across the grass and then cutting off the entire fricking pack?
Old 06-11-2007, 03:35 AM
xsiveone
Le Mans Master

That was a bizarre race to say the least.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:58 AM
burners
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Bizarre, indeed. That was one of the most unusual races in a long time. Kudos to Hamilton, that kid is amazing. Sato making a pass for 6th was just awesome to see. Adding to the weirdness was Toyota finishing 8th. What? That is unheard of. I said after Monaco that the BMWs are looking pretty good and they didn't disappoint. From what happened to Kimi and Alonso as well as Massa it almost looks like the FIA sabotaged their cars or something but I don't believe that there is a conspiracy so just chalk it up to bad luck.

I thought Fox’s coverage left a lot to be desired with regard to pre and post coverage and during the race they weren’t as interesting because they were explaining things too much.

Rob, that is mostly normal for F1 but they usually are a little more cautious about getting back on track. Alonso is a good guy, not a jerk driver by any means.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:38 AM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,398 Likes on 749 Posts

I'll chime in as well that is was the most bizarre F1 race I've seen in years, also one of the most entertaining.

It almost seemed like Hamilton was toying with the field; that rook is QUICK!. Alonso either had something wrong with his car or he was more rattled by the course than I've seen in him, maybe ever.

Kubica's wreck was frightenly similar in contact and damage to Senna's; did anyone notice the SAFRE barrier in place at that point? I just read on F1.com that he's got a mild concussion and an ankle sprain! I realize Senna's injury was remarkable bad luck, but still I think the entire racing community has made huge strides in driver safety in the past 13 years.

Talk about bookends for the 2nd tier teams: Sato's pass was one for the records; Toyota must be having an epileptic siezure! Wonder if RS will be back next year with any team?

Hopefully the USGP will be as entertaining this weekend.

Have a good one,
Mike
Old 06-11-2007, 12:26 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

That race was definitely nuts.

I like the look on the people in the stands couldn't figure out what was going on.

I wish Kubica mends soon.

Go Hamilton!
Old 06-11-2007, 03:46 PM
Stage7
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I was in Montreal for the race, Section 31.
Those cars sound awesome in person. What a spectacle.

It was CRAZY, everyone around me thought Kubica was dead, or severely injured. He is planning to race next week if the docs give him clearance. crazy.

Hamilton just destroyed the field, he was so much smoother and faster than the rest of the field, it was crazy. Alonso provided the most entertainment with his off road excursions, and his daring passes when he was in 14th after his 10 sec penalty. I guess this will put an end to the "team orders" conspiracy. He decided to go off roading in the first corner trying to get around Hamilton. If there were team orders, I doubt that would have happened. He looked like JPM yesterday, crazy fast at times, and wreckless the rest of the time.

Hamilton has a bright future..

Get notified of new replies

To Canadian F-1 Spoiler

Quick Reply: Canadian F-1 Spoiler