Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

THSCC at RR 6/15-17. Who's in?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 01:31 PM
WNDOPDLR
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default THSCC at RR 6/15-17. Who's in?

I wil be getting in Thursday afternoon and staying the weekend. Anybody else going?
Old 06-11-2007, 01:38 PM
vms4evr
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm out Wally. Problems with the Z06, won't be ready in time. I'm bummed. I'll miss the instructor school, which is what I was really going there for. Good luck at the school! Hope you have a grand time.

Graham
Old 06-11-2007, 02:29 PM
WNDOPDLR
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Grahm-
That's 2 for 2 isn't it? That is a royal bummer. What's up with the Z car?
Old 06-11-2007, 10:15 PM
heavychevy
Safety Car

Received 179 Likes on 112 Posts

I'm going, see ya there.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:14 AM
vms4evr
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by WNDOPDLR
Grahm-
That's 2 for 2 isn't it? That is a royal bummer. What's up with the Z car?
I ran VIR-F with PCA end of May. One of the Ti mufflers broke on the side. I didn't get off the track quick enough. All the heat went right up into the clip. Melted the wiring harness, bumper pad, and a couple of tail lights. Blistered the rear clip enough that I need to replace it. Got a new Corsa Pace system for the exhaust. Got all the other parts used from a body shop. I've got it mostly back together. Then I go to fire it up to test it out. Service Column Lock. Finally figured out the battery took a beating with all the wires shorted out from the mess. Put in new battery. The beast runs. I need to install a CLB so that damn steering column doesn't act up. Can't be ready to go down Thursday and just don't trust it to drive that far. I need to drive it around town for a bit and make sure it works right. Then get the clip painted to match the rest of the car. I don't think anything else is busted but I need to drive it some.

I'm really pissed about missing the school. Something is telling me not to get my instructor license this year. So I'm going to back off and wait until next year. Some more events under my belt wouldn't hurt.

You know how everyone gets told sooner or later something will happen to you when you run track. Well I took one for the team and had it happen to me last time. At least I didn't hit anything!

I might get out for Chin at VIR over the 4th. We'll see how it goes.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:41 AM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 711 Likes on 492 Posts

I'll be there......
Old 06-13-2007, 01:52 AM
heavychevy
Safety Car

What groups you guys running???? Also post pics so we know who to look for. I cant run TT because I dont have a cage, so I'm in advanced HPDE, I dont really want an instructor though (too much stress on my brakes)

Here's my car.

Old 06-13-2007, 05:49 AM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vms4evr
I ran VIR-F with PCA end of May. One of the Ti mufflers broke on the side. I didn't get off the track quick enough. All the heat went right up into the clip. Melted the wiring harness, bumper pad, and a couple of tail lights. Blistered the rear clip enough that I need to replace it. Got a new Corsa Pace system for the exhaust. Got all the other parts used from a body shop. I've got it mostly back together. Then I go to fire it up to test it out. Service Column Lock. Finally figured out the battery took a beating with all the wires shorted out from the mess. Put in new battery. The beast runs. I need to install a CLB so that damn steering column doesn't act up. Can't be ready to go down Thursday and just don't trust it to drive that far. I need to drive it around town for a bit and make sure it works right. Then get the clip painted to match the rest of the car. I don't think anything else is busted but I need to drive it some.

I'm really pissed about missing the school. Something is telling me not to get my instructor license this year. So I'm going to back off and wait until next year. Some more events under my belt wouldn't hurt.

You know how everyone gets told sooner or later something will happen to you when you run track. Well I took one for the team and had it happen to me last time. At least I didn't hit anything!

I might get out for Chin at VIR over the 4th. We'll see how it goes.
That is a real bummer - glad to see you taking one for the team so well ...

I had the steering lock in the paddock at Roebling in the Z - loading it on the trailer was sporting.

Looks like a good group at Roebling. There will be almost no one I know at Rockingham this weekend....
Old 06-13-2007, 10:06 AM
beerkat
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by varkwso
There will be almost no one I know at Rockingham this weekend....
I'll be there they moved me up the HPDE3 for this event.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:56 PM
vms4evr
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by varkwso
That is a real bummer - glad to see you taking one for the team so well ...

I had the steering lock in the paddock at Roebling in the Z - loading it on the trailer was sporting.

Looks like a good group at Roebling. There will be almost no one I know at Rockingham this weekend....
After what has happened to our family over the past couple of months. The problem with the car is just a bunch of plastic and metal bits I need to fix. So I didn't get too upset even though I lost half my track time on VIR-F that weekend. I just rode with people to see if I could learn some new ideas and approaches.

There is a decent chance I will make Chin at VIR-F in a couple of weeks. I see some familiar names from a couple of boys from Grovetown If I can make it I need you to take a ride with me and vice-versa. Need some finer points on full course. You will be happy to know I have mostly given up my "brake fetish" you were trying to get me out of at RR. You might even be screaming "brake now you idiot"

I'll let you know if I'm in soon.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:33 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by beerkat
I'll be there they moved me up the HPDE3 for this event.

I knew that....but I forgot ...I am really glad you are going to be there! We will be setting up near power on Friday so we can get the lights and fan going....

Graham - I doubt you can get me to scream "uncle" in your car...you forget I have ridden with my "two hotshoes" in my car (were I have to pay the repair price - but you are so right - in the end it is just a dang car)...I really hope you can make Chin with us!
Old 06-14-2007, 12:36 PM
Mikelly
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Chevy, I think your brake problems would be resolved if you get some cold air on those rotors and ditch the pagid oranges for the yellows... I'll be going with the yellows for Watkins Glen at the end of the month. Otherwise, my brake issues have been resolved with those Mustang Cobra ducts/spindle ducts and Castrol SRF.

Mike

Originally Posted by heavychevy
What groups you guys running???? Also post pics so we know who to look for. I cant run TT because I dont have a cage, so I'm in advanced HPDE, I dont really want an instructor though (too much stress on my brakes)

Here's my car.

Old 06-14-2007, 06:57 PM
heavychevy
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Mikelly
Chevy, I think your brake problems would be resolved if you get some cold air on those rotors and ditch the pagid oranges for the yellows... I'll be going with the yellows for Watkins Glen at the end of the month. Otherwise, my brake issues have been resolved with those Mustang Cobra ducts/spindle ducts and Castrol SRF.

Mike
Yeah I am getting the ducting as well, I had tge GT3 cup car ducts that go under the car but obviously they werent doing enough so now I'll have both and the SRF from Catrol as well. PAgid Orange are only in the rear I have hawk blues in the front.

BTW are you going to Roebling??? I will be there with a friend in his black turbo and another person with a C6.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:02 AM
Mikelly
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not there this weekend. Couldn't squeeze it inbetween Summit and Watkins.

Mike

Get notified of new replies

To THSCC at RR 6/15-17. Who's in?

Quick Reply: THSCC at RR 6/15-17. Who's in?