Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

spoiler inside......wins lemans..race recap please

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 07:36 AM
BBQ
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default spoiler inside......wins lemans..race recap please

someone gimme the scoop. I only caught about an hour of the race. What happened to the corvettes?
Old 06-18-2007, 09:00 AM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 238 Likes on 166 Posts

Old 06-18-2007, 09:16 AM
Rob Willis
Safety Car

Received 121 Likes on 63 Posts

Visit http://www.corvetteracing.com/ for details.

Or go to www.the-paddock.net and read the four different recaps.

Hours 1-6, 6-12, 12-18, 18-24.

The #64 Corvette lost a carbon fiber halfshaft VERY early in the race. Stranded on course.

The #63 Corvette ran good all day/night long, but couldn't quite match the speed of the Aston Martin DBR9 #009 which also didn't have any problem. Most of the other Astons ran into small problems (#007 had to change the front chin splitter, and later spun causing some problems).
Old 06-18-2007, 12:37 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 238 Likes on 166 Posts

History was made in GT1, as Aston Martin finally managed to break Corvette's stranglehold on the class by getting the No. 009 David Brabham/Rickard Rydell/Darren Turner across the line in first place.
http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/alms/38143/
Looks like conditions were pretty tough

Much of the final hour had been run behind a safety car due to heavy rain that left rivers of water running along the track. But although the downpour continued, the race returned to green flag conditions for the final 10 minutes. Common sense among the drivers prevailed to the point where the Audi was so determined to get to the finish in one piece that it was overtaken by two GT1 cars at a single corner!
Old 06-18-2007, 12:49 PM
Gatorac
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the thread title.

No I don't have to bother watching 17 hours of TIVO'd race coverage.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:24 PM
ScaryFast
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Gatorac

Ouch...I was going to start a thread this morning but didn't want to give away the result...I still recommend watching through the coverage. I watched most of it, still enjoyable. I loved the Audi / Peugot battle for P1.

The AM were not faster, the Corvette ran exactly the same lap times for at least the last 12 hours. A collision with one of the Audi P1 cars caused them to lose a lap as the car had to come in for minor repairs.

In the rain (last 1.5 hours) Fellows was making up 30 sec a lap on the lead AM. Unfortunately the safety car killed any hope of catching up. They went green again for the last 10 minutes, but clearly that was not enough time. I think he may have made it back to the lead lap, however. They really didn't show much at that point so they could focus on the P1 winners.
Old 06-18-2007, 03:40 PM
dmiz0420
Racer

Old 06-18-2007, 05:15 PM
BBQ
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Gatorac

yeah, sorry about that. It usually bugs me too when people do give away results.
If your were really planning on watching 17 hours of Tivo coverage....i did you a favor by spoiling.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:33 PM
xsiveone
Le Mans Master

No spoilers in the title please. If you want to ask this question next time, ask the question and put "spoiler inside" and those of us that haven't seen the race yet won't venture into the thread.

I know that you're sorry about it, but I want everyone here that isn't aware of this, not to post spoilers in the thread title.

Last edited by xsiveone; 06-18-2007 at 05:35 PM.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:26 PM
fhturner
Burning Brakes

Arrrrggggghhhhhhh!!!!! Dammit!!! Why did I look at this forum today??? I guess because I'd hoped that any discussion of who won would be in the OFFICIAL LE MANS thread. That's probably one reason why it's the _official_ thread, and why it is a sticky. You could have asked your question there.

Why in the world would you announce in the thread title the winner of a 24-hr event w/ 17 hrs of coverage in this age of TiVo??? Why??? Completely inconsiderate. Some people like the suspense and want the ending to be a surprise. And if it "usually bugs you too", then especially WHY did you do it??? Please don't EVER do that again.

Moderators: is there any way to change the title of this thread so that the next poor sap after me doesn't get his 17hrs on the TiVo wasted?
Old 06-18-2007, 11:30 PM
GeorgeZNJ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by fhturner
Arrrrggggghhhhhhh!!!!! Dammit!!! Why did I look at this forum today??? I guess because I'd hoped that any discussion of who won would be in the OFFICIAL LE MANS thread. That's probably one reason why it's the _official_ thread, and why it is a sticky. You could have asked your question there.

Why in the world would you announce in the thread title the winner of a 24-hr event w/ 17 hrs of coverage in this age of TiVo??? Why??? Completely inconsiderate. Some people like the suspense and want the ending to be a surprise. And if it "usually bugs you too", then especially WHY did you do it??? Please don't EVER do that again.

Moderators: is there any way to change the title of this thread so that the next poor sap after me doesn't get his 17hrs on the TiVo wasted?
Too late for me also.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:31 AM
heavychevy
Safety Car

Received 179 Likes on 112 Posts

Well guys you have to look at it one way or another, if the vettes won there would be 1000000 threads congratulating them and if you logged on you would have seen it so (although this would apply more to the AMLS where only the AM and Vettes run)

So in that case....
Old 06-19-2007, 08:10 AM
BBQ
Burning Brakes

i posted it because it is a 24 hr race! Did you plan to watch 17 hours of coverage to find out the winner?
Old 06-20-2007, 12:21 PM
xsiveone
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by BBQ
i posted it because it is a 24 hr race! Did you plan to watch 17 hours of coverage to find out the winner?
You should've avoided posting the results because it's a 24 hour race. It takes extra time for people to get through it all.

Since I've had a DVR, I've watched all of the coverage. It takes me half a week usually, but I really enjoy it. It's not nearly as fun when you know the outcome.

Thanks for changing the thread title.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:12 PM
fhturner
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BBQ
Are you kidding? So, just because YOU don't plan to watch the 17 hours of coverage, you're just gonna go ahead and spoil it for anyone else who might want to do that...or might even just want to watch a few hours of it w/o knowing the end result ahead of time? That's real considerate. Thanks.

BTW, the thanks for changing the thread title goes to moderator ALLTHROTTLE&NOBOTTLE, not the original poster.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:02 PM
BBQ
Burning Brakes

Wow. If you guys really were planning of watching 17 hours of coverage, i feel sorry for you. Perhaps i underestimated how pathetic some are.
Point taken. I'll be sure and not spoil next years 24hrs race.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:19 PM
fhturner
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BBQ
Wow. If you guys really were planning of watching 17 hours of coverage, i feel sorry for you. Perhaps i underestimated how pathetic some are.
Point taken. I'll be sure and not spoil next years 24hrs race.
That's right, keep on bein' a judgmental a**hole. Yeah, what was I thinking? Since YOU deem the coverage that I TiVo'ed to watch or skim through at my leisure to be a waste, I'm pathetic. Right. There's nobody else in the world but YOU!!!

Get notified of new replies

To spoiler inside......wins lemans..race recap please

Old 06-20-2007, 02:26 PM
BBQ
Burning Brakes

Its my world and you're just living in it.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:41 PM
Jeffvette
Race Director

Originally Posted by BBQ
Its my world and you're just living in it.
Hopefully you are not around next year. Maybe a bolt of lightning will get you and erradicate you from this planet...... If we are lucky.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:46 PM
BBQ
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jeffvette
Hopefully you are not around next year. Maybe a bolt of lightning will get you and erradicate you from this planet...... If we are lucky.

Sheesh. Thats kind of harsh. My only crime was telling a race outcome on the internet...and you hope i die for it?

Quick Reply: spoiler inside......wins lemans..race recap please