Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Your Video...with voice

Old 06-18-2007, 10:02 PM
Cbntmn
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your Video...with voice

I was on track at Roebling couple of months ago. I was having trouble with my video camara and the wind noise. I purchased a remote mic and put it down in the drivers side leg area with a shield on it and it did help, but still some noise. The video turned out pretty good.

While setting up for a Sebring event I got the idea to put the remote mic in my helmet and narrate the track. I remembered that when I raced motorcyles (I raced national off road endurance events for a few years) I used to talk to myself when I was having concentration issues and it helped me push myself to drive a little quicker.

So i put the mic in my helmet and narrated the track for a couple of sessions. I notated corner exit speed on a few corners, end of straight speeds, if i entered a corner early or late, late apexes, where i needed to make adjustments. There are even a few explatives about a Porsches crazy driving.

When I reviewed the video it helped me see what i would do wrong, where i would brake early, what happened when i turned in early, and corner exit speeds. I would also comment on how i thought my lap time was.

I have a traqmate and intend on adding video/data to the unit in the next couple of months. The voice on the tape just added some pretty helpfull info. I would imagine it would really help someone who does not have any data aq.

Has anyone else tried this?

I know its coming.....so dont tell me im crazy for talking to myself. Its when you answer yourself you have to start worrying.......
Old 06-18-2007, 10:38 PM
rudyarias
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Cbntmn
I was on track at Roebling couple of months ago. I was having trouble with my video camara and the wind noise. I purchased a remote mic and put it down in the drivers side leg area with a shield on it and it did help, but still some noise. The video turned out pretty good.

While setting up for a Sebring event I got the idea to put the remote mic in my helmet and narrate the track. I remembered that when I raced motorcyles (I raced national off road endurance events for a few years) I used to talk to myself when I was having concentration issues and it helped me push myself to drive a little quicker.

So i put the mic in my helmet and narrated the track for a couple of sessions. I notated corner exit speed on a few corners, end of straight speeds, if i entered a corner early or late, late apexes, where i needed to make adjustments. There are even a few explatives about a Porsches crazy driving.

When I reviewed the video it helped me see what i would do wrong, where i would brake early, what happened when i turned in early, and corner exit speeds. I would also comment on how i thought my lap time was.

I have a traqmate and intend on adding video/data to the unit in the next couple of months. The voice on the tape just added some pretty helpfull info. I would imagine it would really help someone who does not have any data aq.

Has anyone else tried this?

I know its coming.....so dont tell me im crazy for talking to myself. Its when you answer yourself you have to start worrying.......
I have my Video Camera connected to my chatterbox and use it when explaining the dynamics of the car when showing students the line. I then mail them a DVD of their ride.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:38 AM
Last C5
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

"connected to my chatterbox "

Which chatter box do you have and how does it connect?
Old 06-19-2007, 05:16 PM
rudyarias
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Last C5
"connected to my chatterbox "

Which chatter box do you have and how does it connect?
Chatterbox Tandem Pro HJC-50, I use the aux audio input on the unit to the Camera.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:23 PM
Last C5
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by rudyarias
Chatterbox Tandem Pro HJC-50, I use the aux audio input on the unit to the Camera.
THANKS!! I didn't know how they worked and I didn't figure the audio input was putting out anything, I thought it was just for hooking up ipods and whatnot. Now I'm ready to spring for one of those.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:06 PM
rudyarias
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Last C5
THANKS!! I didn't know how they worked and I didn't figure the audio input was putting out anything, I thought it was just for hooking up ipods and whatnot. Now I'm ready to spring for one of those.
It also allows for cell phone input/output which what makes it work
Old 06-20-2007, 07:28 PM
Subw00er
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Cbntmn, I wanna see the video!
Old 06-21-2007, 11:01 PM
Cbntmn
Racer

Sub,

I knew that was coming.

Long story about the video...

son took the video cam to a friends b day party...didnt ck the tape...recorded over it.

Thats not the worse part....on the same tape was me on track at Sebring behind a Ferrari F430 spyder, a F330, and a Carrera GT. All of them in a row and i passed all three of them over about 1.5 laps.

Im hoping to get a new video system in the next month or so in coop with my traqmate. That will end the video camara dilema and make it easier for me to post my videos.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:34 PM
PA Z06
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Cbntmn
Sub,

I knew that was coming.

Long story about the video...

son took the video cam to a friends b day party...didnt ck the tape...recorded over it.

Thats not the worse part....on the same tape was me on track at Sebring behind a Ferrari F430 spyder, a F330, and a Carrera GT. All of them in a row and i passed all three of them over about 1.5 laps.

Im hoping to get a new video system in the next month or so in coop with my traqmate. That will end the video camara dilema and make it easier for me to post my videos.
Man sorry to hear that, I was looking forward to watching the video

Get notified of new replies

To Your Video...with voice

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Your Video...with voice