Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Racing Brake Calipers & Pads

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 09:42 AM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Received 295 Likes on 76 Posts

Default New Racing Brake Calipers & Pads

Here are some pictures of the new RacingBrake calipers/w their #900 pads installed on my Z. The calipers come with #500 pads standard and you can upgrade or add racing pads at a discount. They look great and are very light, pad replacment in the front require removing two small bolts and one on the rear and the pads slip right out. The calipers and the adapter plates are hot anodized not powdercoated they come in red or black. These will work with stock rotors or RB rotors and are easy to install, but they do need lines with 45 degree ends. I will give you an up date when I return from VIR after running them. JD

Full set Fronts and Rears

Rears

Fronts
Old 06-27-2007, 09:47 AM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Wow those look great.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:56 AM
Sidney004
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are the calipers a RacingBrake product or a rebadged Alcon(AP, etc.) They look GREAT. Happy late braking.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:48 PM
FasterIsBetter
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

JD, is that on a C6Z? A buddy of mine has a C6Z, going nuts eating brakes on the track, busted two front rotors, etc. We've been talking about aftermarket brakes for his car vs. continuing to deal with GM and the stock setup. If it is a C6 setup, where did you get it? If possible, PM me with the details, pricing, etc. Whatever, it looks awesome and expect you'll see a huge difference in performance.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 06-27-2007, 04:50 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How thick are the pads? Do these fit under stock wheels? Do they work with the C5 NAPA rotors?
Old 06-27-2007, 04:55 PM
ICaughtVetteFever
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much for the kit?
Old 06-27-2007, 05:08 PM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Received 295 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by FasterIsBetter
JD, is that on a C6Z? A buddy of mine has a C6Z, going nuts eating brakes on the track, busted two front rotors, etc. We've been talking about aftermarket brakes for his car vs. continuing to deal with GM and the stock setup. If it is a C6 setup, where did you get it? If possible, PM me with the details, pricing, etc. Whatever, it looks awesome and expect you'll see a huge difference in performance.

Thanks,
Steve
Rather than give you wrong info, here is the web site for the calipers and you can also find their rotors on the site. http://www.racingbrake.com/CORVETTE_C6_s/2943.htm
you can call warren or Steve at RacingBrake for more info and their # is 973 335 6898 and I think they have a toll free on the website. And you are welcome to call me for any questions you may have on my set up. The pictures are of my C6-Z06 2007, I'm not sure what other calipers they have now for vettes but I know that they are working on others for release soon. JD 772 528 0669 cell or 772 335 8318 home
Old 06-27-2007, 06:48 PM
0RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

JD, thanks for posting the caliper set up. The other brake system we are releasing in two weeks is the Four-piston caliper 13” front and OE caliper 12.7” rear BBK for RX7. Since someone asked if our caliper is a rebadge of others so we like to use RX7 brake system we developed as a response.

We were approached by RX7 (93-95) enthusiasts about 6 month ago for there has been no adequate and true balanced brake (front and rear) for FD except some standard front "Big" Brake Kits from those named brands.

We took the challenge and designed and built the system from ground up including our newly designed 4 piston calipers (with differential bores and stainless steel pistons) and extended brackets with larger two piece rotors for the rear kit (retaining the emergency brakes).

We also offered the required brake pads with different compound to complement the system.

Read the complete progress of this new development on RX7 forum: (28,018 views)
http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=605463

RX7 BBK development process on RB forum: (3,575 views)
http://forums.racingbrake.com/showthread.php?t=118

In fact there are quite a few RX7 owners have AP calipers in their front and now these calipers are being replaced with RB brakes that provide truly balanced and high brake power. If you go over the thread you will get a better idea.

RacingBrake is an innovative and experienced brake company. We have developed our own metallurgical formula and heat treatment process that builds the toughest and most wear resistant rotors in the market. We first introduced EDP coating (in 2002) to protect the rotor surface from rusting (then grind the friction surface to the exact pad width). With these Z06 calipers and RX7 calipers we are again introducing the caliper surface treated with hard anodizing which offers a very tough finish that is highly resistant to oil, grease, dent, nick, chip and it has no paint to peel off due to extreme heat. Our calipers also imprinted with rotation arrows for easy and error free installation. You can also find some discussion about the caliper color and different finishes from RX7 forums.

Our caliper pistons are made of stainless steel instead of traditional aluminum. The benefit of stainless steel is that it heat transfers rate is only about 10% of aluminum, and offers better strength under high temp. All our calipers have differential bores (both 6 piston front and 4 piston rear for Z06) to reduce the pad tapering and lengthen the pad life.

For Corvette Z06 caliper set up the piston sizes are specifically designed to duplicate the OE (front and rear) to retain the factory brake balance except our calipers are much lighter and use larger one piece pad, very easy to replace and cost effective to maintain.

RacingBrake is not a big name like others but we build and offer only the finest brake products with a lot of good value in it and we delivered.

Caliper kits:
http://www.racingbrake.com/CORVETTE_C6_s/2943.htm

The other advantage of purchasing our brakes are the interchangeability and compatibility. For example if you already have our two-piece stock replacement rotors you can simply upgrade to the whole caliper kits by adding the calipers from our upgrade center. Nothing to waste.

Seamless Upgrade Components:
http://www.racingbrake.com/CORVETTE_C6_s/3294.htm

Link to complete Z06 brake upgrade offer:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1593927
Old 06-28-2007, 09:06 AM
Independent1
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08

^^
Looked at your site. Don't appear to offer brake kits for the C5s. Any plans to do so?

Nice looking brakes.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:15 PM
0RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Independent1
^^
Looked at your site. Don't appear to offer brake kits for the C5s. Any plans to do so?

Nice looking brakes.
Here is our brake upgrades lined up for non C6 Z06:
C5 and C6 Standard:
One-piece rotor (Ex-stock)
Front: 325x32mm 93241/2
Rear: 305x26mm 93261/2
Two-piece rotor (Ex-stock)
Front: 325x32mm 2098
Rear: Not available
C6 Z51:
One-piece rotor
Not available

Two-piece rotor (Ex-stock)
Front: 340x32mm 2068-3XX
Rear: 330x24mm 2069-3XX

Brake kits (ETA 6-8 weeks)
We are building front and rear caliper brake kits (4-piston front and 4-piston rear) using the same stock Z51 two-piece rotors.

Front: 340x32mm 2068-3XX-4XX
Rear: 330x24mm 2069-3XX-4XX

Option #1: Existing Z51 two-piece rotors customers can progressively upgrade to the complete caliper brake kits from our upgrade center.

Option #2: These kits will be an excellent upgrade for C5 and C6 standard customers with bigger rotors and yet still maintain within stock (Z51) configuration in rotor size and offsets.

Brake pads (ETA 8-10 weeks)
We are also tooling up the front and rear pads for the same choice of compounds as RB aluminum calipers for customers who would retain the use of OE calipers
Old 06-28-2007, 06:42 PM
ajg1915
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Any pics of your system on a C5.

Do stock rims fit (off-set or do you have to use spacers) due to caliper size ?

Get notified of new replies

To New Racing Brake Calipers & Pads

Quick Reply: New Racing Brake Calipers & Pads