Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C4 Koni (Yellows) and ES Bushings

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 01:39 PM
RonRed89
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C4 Koni (Yellows) and ES Bushings

All,

Has anyone pressed out the lower shock bushing that comes on the C4 Yellow Koni Sport single adjustable shock and pressed in a energy suspension bushing to replace? If so, which Energy bushing did you use.

I got my ES bushings from DRM and we found that the upper bushing was too big to fit the Koni shock, and have ordered alternate (shorter) ES bushings for the top. The ones we have for the bottom of the shock appear to fit and are tagged with "8064" on the bushing surface.

Just want to know if others have tackled this before pressing out the lower shock bushing only to find that we don't have the right parts. Furthermore, is this swap even worth the time (the lower shock bushing)?

Thanks,

Ron
Old 07-02-2007, 09:16 AM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 238 Likes on 166 Posts

Did you have your shocks rebuilt, or did they come with the wrong bushings?
Old 07-02-2007, 10:24 AM
RonRed89
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BrianCunningham
Did you have your shocks rebuilt, or did they come with the wrong bushings?
Neither. They are fresh out of the box. I actually just got off the phone with KONI and they recommended not even bothering to do this. That also probably explains the lack of responses on the forum side. The other issue that we had (which I posted on in another thread) was that the upper shock mount bushings that energy specs for the Vette are too long for these Konis. They recommended another bushing which is shorter and I've ordered that one, but if it doesn't fit I guess I'll just go with the hardware Koni provided with the shocks themselves.

Ron

Get notified of new replies

To C4 Koni (Yellows) and ES Bushings

Quick Reply: C4 Koni (Yellows) and ES Bushings