Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Watkins Glen SCCA National: Steering Rack Needed

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 11:25 PM
BuckeyeZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Watkins Glen SCCA National: Steering Rack Needed

The SCCA has invaded Watkins Glen this weekend.

One of you own, Joe Gaudette (SleeperZ06) is trying to run this race. But he needs help. His steering rack has crapped out and we cannot find one in any of the "local" parts suppliers.

So...I have this great idea to enlist CF's help. If you are in the Glen area and have access to a 2002 Corvette steering rack, contact Joe or me at (330) 519-5876. He is not going to make the morning session, but with any luck we can help him get things together for the afternoon session.

BTW: Joe says "hi," as he is looking over my shoulder as I post this.

DMP
Old 07-14-2007, 12:48 AM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Received 355 Likes on 222 Posts

Sorry you guys. I don't have one and I am too far away.

But I am going to add one of these to my spares inventory as they seem to go out too often when racing with the big rubber up front.

I hope you find one in time!!!

Old 07-14-2007, 02:44 AM
sothpaw2
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Joe,

Sorry to hear about this untimely parts issue. The car was running great at VIR, I would not have thought it would run again until the big race.

There are some Corvette Salvage places in the Long Island area; they might have one; Corvette& Chevy Trader has the adds for the salvage places.

Good Luck

Andy

ps. Still working on the heel /toe. Need thin sole shoes I discovered, got to get the same exact spot on the pedal with the foot each time. Foot position on the pedals is key for consistency.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:02 AM
C66 Racing
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Sorry to see your parts woe's Joe. It's never easy, is it? But if it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

Hope you get your car fixed and back out there soon.

C66 Racing #66 NASA ST2, SCCA T2
AMSOIL Dealer (Forum Vendor)
AMSOIL Ordering Information (Retail sales using reference #1206638 benefit the forum.)
AMSOIL Preferred Customer Program (Members buy at Wholesale - a savings of about 25%)
AMSOIL Catalog

Get notified of new replies

To Watkins Glen SCCA National: Steering Rack Needed

Quick Reply: Watkins Glen SCCA National: Steering Rack Needed