Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is this enough

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 02:46 PM
RaleighSS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default is this enough

Is this enough pad for VIR HPDE Full course 2 days?

Old 08-04-2007, 03:11 PM
Z06cool
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those almost look full depth. What kind are they? VIR is not so hard on brakes as other courses. Full course gives you plenty of cooling...

I always have a spare regardless, but I doubt you'll go through those.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:33 PM
RaleighSS
Drifting

Default ok...

Originally Posted by Z06cool
Those almost look full depth. What kind are they? VIR is not so hard on brakes as other courses. Full course gives you plenty of cooling...

I always have a spare regardless, but I doubt you'll go through those.
Thanks... from what i can tell these are OEM Pads in good shape... Gonna put them on with new rotors and see how it goes... This is my first HDPE and am more of the conservitive type of driver so should be able to make it through a day with these and put on a new set if needed
Old 08-04-2007, 04:14 PM
Z06cool
Drifting

I'll be there Aug.30th-Sept.2nd with TrackDaze and then MazdaDrivers. Are you doing either one of those? Be happy to share any tools or spares I have if you're in a bind You'll find most folks are open to lend a hand (even non-corvette owners ).

Word of warning: WATCH OUT FOR THE BUG, the track bug after your first time!
Old 08-04-2007, 09:54 PM
RaleighSS
Drifting

Default hi

Originally Posted by Z06cool
I'll be there Aug.30th-Sept.2nd with TrackDaze and then MazdaDrivers. Are you doing either one of those? Be happy to share any tools or spares I have if you're in a bind You'll find most folks are open to lend a hand (even non-corvette owners ).

Word of warning: WATCH OUT FOR THE BUG, the track bug after your first time!
Yes... its the MazdaDrivers event I am going to... First HDPE event here... do you know if there is a place i can set my gear while running? Like my jack and tools (extra pads) ?
Old 08-04-2007, 10:07 PM
Z06cool
Drifting

Originally Posted by RaleighSS
Yes... its the MazdaDrivers event I am going to... First HDPE event here... do you know if there is a place i can set my gear while running? Like my jack and tools (extra pads) ?
But of course. Suggestion is to bring a tarp to put your stuff on like tools, cooler, pads, whatever. You pretty much just find some room in the paddock area and "make camp". You can search the forum for things to bring for first your first HPDE and preparation. Don't need to overdo it though.

See you there

Get notified of new replies

To is this enough

Quick Reply: is this enough