Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need to get horn working with sparco wheel...

Old 09-12-2007, 10:13 PM
kwiker
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need to get horn working with sparco wheel...

I have a sparco wheel with an ati quick release. Can anyone help me to get the horn working? I'm thinking about just putting a button on each side of the trim that surrounds the steering column, somewhere that would be easy to hit if i need to.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:08 AM
wtknght1
Melting Slicks

There's just one wire that should be coming up thru the column to the horn. That attaches to the horn button. The steering wheel attaching to the quick release acts as the ground. Pushing the button completes the circuit.

You'll need a spacer that should have either come with the wheel or you can buy it thru sparco.

I put a male plug on the end coming up thru the column and female end from the steering wheel. Before I put the wheel back on, I connect the lead and tuck the 'excess' into the area provided by the spacer that I mentioned earlier.

If you can't figure it out, and nobody has pics, as soon as I get my car back next week, I'll do a quick you-tube and show you all the stuff.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:26 AM
kwiker
Racer

Thanks a bunch, i'll check it out when i get home tonight.

Get notified of new replies

To Need to get horn working with sparco wheel...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need to get horn working with sparco wheel...