Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tire pressure for auto x?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 10:57 AM
KCHOTBOAT
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tire pressure for auto x?

What tire pressure to you guys run? I am running 17x11 wheels all around with 315 street tires. A couple of guys at a local autox looked at my tires after every run and they told me to run 30 in front and 28 in the rear looked best. This is 5 to 8 psi lower than I ran in the past however the car seems to stick better. Also this was my second event with the 315 up front and about half way through the course my power steering would go out. I have since replace the pump.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:01 PM
AUTO_X_AL
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Those pressures sound ok for R tires but I think you should run higher pressures on street tires. I don't use streets but, from the people that I run with that use them, I am pretty sure it's higher than that.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:36 PM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,394 Likes on 747 Posts

If you're running street tires bump those pressures up around 5 psi and see how things go.

HTH, and have a good one,
Mike
Old 09-14-2007, 02:53 PM
97C5inSD
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

I concure with what these others have said i Run 315's up front and 335 on the Rear all Kumho V710's And i have run in the 28-30 range depends all on the temps for the day and the lenght of your course. Shorter course or Cooler Day bump the pressure up a bit. Best way to check is after each run if you can check the tire temp or pressure to see where it is when you get to the end of your run in comparison.

And well of course longer course and hotter day them pressure is probly ideal when it was warm up here in SD that exact temp spread was prefect but as it has gotten cooler i have noted i have had to bump the tire pressure up about 2-4psi more just to get the best stick outta the tires.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:46 PM
KCHOTBOAT
Racer

The course was a long one and one guy did check the temp of the tires after each run. I will try cold 35 psi in the front and 32 in the rear. My psi was up to 40 after the first run last weekend.

Get notified of new replies

To tire pressure for auto x?

Quick Reply: tire pressure for auto x?