Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gingerman And Grattan Weekend On Oct. 13-14, 2007

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 09:20 PM
Rene500Z06
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gingerman And Grattan Weekend On Oct. 13-14, 2007

GINGERMAN AND GRATTAN RACEWAY! TWO GREAT ROAD COURSES ON THE SAME WEEKEND! WE WILL BE RUNNING TIME TRIAL TYPE EVENTS WITH 3 LOW SPEEDS AND 4 HIGH SPEEDS AT GINGERMAN RACEWAY ON SATURDAY OCTOBER 13TH. WE WILL THEN CONTINUE ON TO GRATTAN RACEWAY ON SUNDAY OCTOBER 14TH AND REPEAT THE SAME FORMAT. FOR MORE INFORMATION, GO TO www.michcorvette.org.

Rene
Old 09-23-2007, 11:01 PM
Carolina C4 Racer
Pro

Hey Rene,
Sounds like a great weekend.
One day when I hit the lotto I'm going to check out the competition in your area.
Anthony
Old 09-24-2007, 08:13 AM
L98Terror
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W. Detroit Events Coordinator
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VII Autocross Champ

Low speeds?
Old 09-24-2007, 09:47 AM
AUTO_X_AL
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by L98Terror
Low speeds?
Testing the format (if Michigan wins the bid) for the upcoming for 2009 convention. Looks like a good time.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:54 AM
69autoXr
Melting Slicks

Received 209 Likes on 159 Posts

Looking forward to it! Hotel reservations are made, Rene my check will be in the mail soon! I'm going out to South Haven on Thursday night, and spending the day in the town on Friday.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:13 AM
Rene500Z06
Advanced

Hey Anthony,

I hear from Don Smith that competition in the Carolinas has gotten fiercer. We have some awesome drivers up here too! C3's, C4's, C5's, C6's, there isn't an easy class anywhere. I still remember my first road course ever. Carolina Motorsports Parkway in Kershaw, South Carolina back in 2000. Took my 4,000 mile '88 Callaway, boiled the original brake fluid on the second lap and off I went into a sand trap. Sand everywhere in and under the car, into my helmet, in my ears, sand everywhere. I still clean sand off the car to this day. I didn't know jack about high speed driving, I still don't, but keep on trying. Say hi to the Carolina racers at the next event for me.

L98 Terror,

The Low Speeds are basically all the turns without the long straightaways, throwing in maybe two 3 cone slaloms with plenty of distance between the cones. Just enough to keep speeds around 80mph through them. After that, we'll ditch the cones and go for the full track.

Rene
Old 09-25-2007, 10:25 AM
Carolina C4 Racer
Pro

Originally Posted by Rene500Z06
Hey Anthony,

I hear from Don Smith that competition in the Carolinas has gotten fiercer. We have some awesome drivers up here too! C3's, C4's, C5's, C6's, there isn't an easy class anywhere. I still remember my first road course ever. Carolina Motorsports Parkway in Kershaw, South Carolina back in 2000. Took my 4,000 mile '88 Callaway, boiled the original brake fluid on the second lap and off I went into a sand trap. Sand everywhere in and under the car, into my helmet, in my ears, sand everywhere. I still clean sand off the car to this day. I didn't know jack about high speed driving, I still don't, but keep on trying. Say hi to the Carolina racers at the next event for me.

L98 Terror,

The Low Speeds are basically all the turns without the long straightaways, throwing in maybe two 3 cone slaloms with plenty of distance between the cones. Just enough to keep speeds around 80mph through them. After that, we'll ditch the cones and go for the full track.

Rene
I remember that trip to CMP too. Since you still have some of our Carolina sand maybe you should bring it back one day.
I hope to make the Mich. 09 convention. I attended this year in Nashville & it was great. I will have to check with my banker (wife) when the time gets closer.
A.M.

Get notified of new replies

To Gingerman And Grattan Weekend On Oct. 13-14, 2007

Quick Reply: Gingerman And Grattan Weekend On Oct. 13-14, 2007