Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Crew Chief and Mechanic for Set Up - Speed Channel - Oct 22-Nov 22

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 02:09 PM
wtknght1
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need Crew Chief and Mechanic for Set Up - Speed Channel - Oct 22-Nov 22

HELP!!!!

I applied for the show Set Up (Speed Channel)...and they called!!!! I need a Crew Chief and Mechanic...from Oct 22 - Nov 22...out in LA. That time is assuming I make it all the way.

I desperately need two folks who can take that much time off!! I'll cover your ticket out there and dinner each day. I think the show covers breakfast and lunch. I'll also cover the hotel room. I'll also give you a large chunk of the winnings after it's over (I'm thinking positive here!!!!).

Speaking of which, does anyone on the forum live out in LA with a spare room or two. I'm going to have to take most of my savings to do this...but I have to find a way to do this... This door probably will not open again and I'm not getting any younger!!!!!

Please email me @ wtknght1@aol.com or PM me.
I need SERIOUS people only that can give a definite YES. Well wishes are welcomed, but I need 2 dedicated people. Please oh please oh please!!!!!!
Old 09-25-2007, 02:18 PM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congratualtions, dude !!!!! I should have applied also. I definately will be watching those shows when they air . Good Luck, buddy !!!!
Old 09-25-2007, 02:24 PM
joemoia
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chris,

Sorry I can't help you out, but I'll try and spread the word. You may also want to post this in the Socal Events section

Good Luck
Old 09-25-2007, 03:10 PM
freefall
Burning Brakes

Good Luck!!!!
Old 09-25-2007, 04:17 PM
L98Terror
Race Director

W. Detroit Events Coordinator
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VII Autocross Champ

Any details on the show?
Old 09-25-2007, 04:22 PM
wtknght1
Melting Slicks

No, I have no details yet. The lady from Speed said she'd call me back in a few days, so I'll have to let her know then.

Come on guys...I know there's somebody out there that can help me out.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:27 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats on the call back. Someone help

Randy
Old 09-25-2007, 04:32 PM
johninar
Drifting

That is really great news. I'm sure someone out there will step up.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:55 PM
0Louis @ LG Motorsports
Former Vendor

Its right after Laguna, and before SEMA, call me at the shop. 972-429-1963. I might be able to help but need more info.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:22 PM
KBlanke
Drifting

cool wished I could go and help, good luck!
Old 09-25-2007, 05:33 PM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Louis @ LG Motorsports
Its right after Laguna, and before SEMA, call me at the shop. 972-429-1963. I might be able to help but need more info.

Chris,
Doesn't sound like you could do too much better than the above potential offer
Old 09-25-2007, 06:16 PM
The Spark
Melting Slicks

Can't wait to see the show.
I watched last season's and it was really good. Better than Survivor, American Idol, Dancing With the Stars, and the Bachelor combined.

Good luck.
Keep us posted.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:27 PM
xsiveone
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by RAFTRACER
Chris,
Doesn't sound like you could do too much better than the above potential offer
That would be really sweet if Louis can be Chris' crew chief/mechanic.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:35 PM
wtknght1
Melting Slicks

He can't do it, but one of his guys might be able to.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:49 PM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Received 355 Likes on 222 Posts

Hi Chris:

I am really not the right guy to be a crew member for you. I hope someone here locally who is competent will step-up for you.

What kind of car will you guys be driving? That will make a difference to your crew volunteers I am sure.

I do have one dynamite contribution I will provide you. I my guess is that you will be driving at Willow Springs right? If you need a place to stay, I will bring my 34' motorhome up there for you to stay in. You can hook-up at one of the RV spots there and stay at the track. To top it off, I will bring up my Z16 and you can use that to get around in during your downtime from the track. Getting into Lancaster and Palmdale from Rosamond will be a welcome gettaway for you. If you have more time you can get into Santa Clarita or points south in the Los Angeles area if you have the down time.

Lastly, I am one of the few that has driven Horse Thief Mile at WSIR. I can give you some track tips there. I am also very familiar with Streets of Willow Springs. I can help you with the fast line around that track.

Old 09-25-2007, 06:51 PM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Received 355 Likes on 222 Posts

PS. You might want to talk to the owner of Orange County Corvette. They do all the work on my car. You will likely be driving the Pontiacs again and not Corvettes, but they do have competent mechanics on staff. His number is 949 830-8388.

Fastest regards,

Oli

Last edited by Olitho; 09-25-2007 at 07:19 PM.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:56 PM
wtknght1
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Olitho
Hi Chris:

I am really not the right guy to be a crew member for you. I hope someone here locally who is competent will step-up for you.

What kind of car will you guys be driving? That will make a difference to your crew volunteers I am sure.

I do have one dynamite contribution I will provide you. I my guess is that you will be driving at Willow Springs right? If you need a place to stay, I will bring my 34' motorhome up there for you to stay in. You can hook-up at one of the RV spots there and stay at the track. To top it off, I will bring up my Z16 and you can use that to get around in during your downtime from the track. Getting into Lancaster and Palmdale from Rosamond will be a welcome gettaway for you. If you have more time you can get into Santa Clarita or points south in the Los Angeles area if you have the down time.

Lastly, I am one of the few that has driven Horse Thief Mile at WSIR. I can give you some track tips there. I am also very familiar with Streets of Willow Springs. I can help you with the fast line around that track.

Oh my god that would be absolutely awesome!!!!!! I'll definitely take you up on all of that!!!! I'll call the guys at Orange County vettes too! Thanks!! Talk to you at HPT!!!!

Get notified of new replies

To Need Crew Chief and Mechanic for Set Up - Speed Channel - Oct 22-Nov 22

Old 09-25-2007, 08:17 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 711 Likes on 492 Posts

Looks like things are coming together. We'll have a crew together for you before you know it.

According to the shows website, it will be filmed in November and aired next February.

I think GM is still one of the major sponsors, so it will certainly be interesting to see what cars come out this season. I also wouldn't be surprised if they mixed up the track config this season just to keep things interesting.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:29 AM
xsiveone
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by davidfarmer
I also wouldn't be surprised if they mixed up the track config this season just to keep things interesting.
After watching last season, I'd try to get a lap or two on an oval if at all possible and maybe do some karting.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:09 AM
joemoia
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Olitho

Way to go Oli! that's an awesome offer

Quick Reply: Need Crew Chief and Mechanic for Set Up - Speed Channel - Oct 22-Nov 22