Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kumho Question for RASRBOY(Aaron)

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 02:41 PM
Sidney004
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Kumho Question for RASRBOY(Aaron)

Aaron, if it is not proprietary, what is the minimum radial dimension between the bottom of the grooves and/or wear depth indication dots and the exterior cords of the V710 tire? Also, is there an underlayer of rubber between the functional tread and the tire body, if so how thick is it? If you are unable to provide the info, I absolutely understand.

I am only interested as an engineer using the V710's and I agree with everyone who has told me "wear them until the cords show" and " they are worthless from being heat cycled before the rubber wears out" so no need for others to post those already valid comments.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:27 PM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Sidney004
Aaron, if it is not proprietary, what is the minimum radial dimension between the bottom of the grooves and/or wear depth indication dots and the exterior cords of the V710 tire? Also, is there an underlayer of rubber between the functional tread and the tire body, if so how thick is it? If you are unable to provide the info, I absolutely understand.

I am only interested as an engineer using the V710's and I agree with everyone who has told me "wear them until the cords show" and " they are worthless from being heat cycled before the rubber wears out" so no need for others to post those already valid comments.
Sorry so late on the reply, just got back from Summit Point Raceway.

You have a PM!
Old 09-30-2007, 11:46 PM
Sidney004
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the prompt reply Aaron. Good luck on the job and have fun at LeMans next year. I have come to my personal conclusion that I should "wear them until the cords show."

Get notified of new replies

To Kumho Question for RASRBOY(Aaron)

Quick Reply: Kumho Question for RASRBOY(Aaron)