Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Monterey Historics on Speed

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 10:38 AM
folsomlarry
Melting Slicks

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Monterey Historics on Speed

Taped the program and watched it last night. I thought I was watching the travel channel or the wine channel. In the past I enjoyed watching Speed's coverage of this event, but this was terrible. I guess the folks who enter the races need to put on large rims, boom boxes and do burnouts. I hate to see what their coverage of the SCCA Runoffs is going to look like. Probably get 50 minutes of fluff and 5 minutes of racing.

Larry
Old 10-01-2007, 01:30 PM
Lister
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ditto, I totally agree with youre comments. I attended the Monterey Historics in person again this year and this show did not do it justice. I really don't have a big issue with the content that they put together but what the heck happened to the on track footage? If they had expanded it to a several hour show with the existing content and a fair amount of actual racing it would have been fine. SPEED has been going in the wrong direction for the last several years in my opinion and this is another example.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:54 PM
folsomlarry
Melting Slicks

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

We were at the track on Saturday, but not on Sunday so I really wanted to see some of the Sunday races. Speed always had great coverage of this event in the past, so I was really disappointed at what I watched last night. I used to tape/hard drive a lot of programs during the week on Speed, but it seems like they have less and less programing that I want to watch. They kept saying how big this event is and how there are so many great old race cars, but they showed more people sipping wine than racing.

Larry
Old 10-01-2007, 03:30 PM
xsiveone
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was really disappointed too. Where did the footage of the races go? They usually give a nice recap of the different races and this year they didn't. After watching this years show, I immediately deleted it. I usually hold onto it for a while and watch it several times.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:22 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by xsiveone
I was really disappointed too. Where did the footage of the races go? They usually give a nice recap of the different races and this year they didn't. After watching this years show, I immediately deleted it. I usually hold onto it for a while and watch it several times.
I was shocked at the show like I want to see people eating and drinking. Show used to be great now

Get notified of new replies

To Monterey Historics on Speed

Quick Reply: Monterey Historics on Speed