Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Race Seat Vetteworks lap belt mount Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 08:06 AM
Rob's 73
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Race Seat Vetteworks lap belt mount Help

I installed my Corbeau seat with my Vetteworks lap belt mount bar (in a C5) last night for the first time. There isn't much thread left on the seat studs to bolt it back together. The nut is probably about 1-2 mm below the top of the stud but the very top of the stud isn't threaded. I would guess that the nut is about 2/3 on threads. Is this safe? I see that Hardbar sells stud extenders for use with their lap belt bar and a Harness bar. http://hardbarusa.com/hardbar/produc...products_id=69

I have the 4 pt RD "roll-bar" and not a harness bar. So I don't have the support bar bolted there as well.

Do hardware stores carry stud extenders. If this isn't safe, I need something for this weekend. Recommendations?

Thanks guys.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:09 PM
craig-o
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I had a similar problem, in my 2001 convertible with a rollbar that has a mounting plate that goes under the seat track. Just by dumb luck I found that the seat belt shoulder mount nut has the same diameter/thread, and has a sleeve which extends the threads through the seat track.

This nut is unique to the convertible (the coupe uses a bolt, not sure about the Z06), but any Chevy dealer should have it (or be able to get it quickly.)

You may want to clean off the thread lock if you plan to swap equipment regularly for track versus street driving.

Craig
Old 10-10-2007, 12:12 PM
Tourmgr1
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Call Gary at Hardbar as his stud extenders are the answer to your problem.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:07 PM
Rob's 73
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I spoke with Gary at Hardbar. He said the extenders are not the answer. He also said that I had the lap belt bar wrong. It goes down first and then the seat. He believes all should be well with the nut being completely on the threads. I may have to trim a little carpet to make it fit correctly. I'll try it as soon as I get home tonight. I'm really looking forward to driving with harnesses.

Get notified of new replies

To Race Seat Vetteworks lap belt mount Help

Quick Reply: Race Seat Vetteworks lap belt mount Help