Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

check your BANJO bolts !!

Old 10-10-2007, 01:23 PM
the blur
Melting Slicks

Received 118 Likes on 87 Posts

Default check your BANJO bolts !!

I noticed some seepage from my bango bolt area. Sure enough the banjo bolt was loose. This was just after finishing a weekend at WGI seeing 140MPH !

This is with the C4 GS calipers with the copper crush washers. The banjo bolt was installed about 4 years ago with the caliper and hoses.
Havn't touched them since.

Maybe all the twisting of the brake hose when the calipers are removed so often..... Maybe virbration, who knows.
But I tightened it pretty good. way beyond factory spec I'm sure.

I also took note that i have copper and aluminum crush washers for my C4. The aluminum ones say "off road use only" on the bag.
The copper seem to come with the car. Both are from GM.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:26 PM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

^ Interesting... I check the all the brakes bolts before and after each event. I make sure the AN fitting on my SS lines are tight, the caliper slide pin bolts, and the caliper bracket bolts.

Only time I've ever had issues was after installing some fresh calipers I had powder coated black. Certain areas that needed to be machined weren't. The pressures of braking on track loosened up the caliper bracket bolts as the powdercoat underneath softened. I promptly removed it from the affected areas.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:48 PM
MungoZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11

I check mine each time I bleed brakes.
I want to carry some spare copper crush washers ... I have StopTech SS lines with Banjo ends. Anyone know for sure the size and whether they're commonly available at the local autoparts store?
Of course, I should just ask StopTech.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:01 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MungoZ06
I check mine each time I bleed brakes.
I want to carry some spare copper crush washers ... I have StopTech SS lines with Banjo ends. Anyone know for sure the size and whether they're commonly available at the local autoparts store?
Of course, I should just ask StopTech.
They should be easy to find at the parts store!!! I get them across the street all the time (auto value)

Randy

Get notified of new replies

To check your BANJO bolts !!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: check your BANJO bolts !!