Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting aligned today, specs? Need quick answer

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 07:09 AM
NoOne
Team Owner

Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

Default Getting aligned today, specs? Need quick answer

11:30pm last night I turned the last bolt.

Pfadt poly bushings installed, camber kit installed...now I need to get it aligned and corner weighted this afternoon.

I originally bought Gary's camber kit with the idea of doing a track/street alignment. That is still my plan but with my event tomorrow I know I'll be too busy to swap stuff over and I'd rather play with that part at home.

So I'm looking for an aggressive alignment I can drive to the track on.

I'll drive 120 miles to the track, run all day, and drive 120 home. After that the car might see some very light street miles and then away for the winter.

In the spring I'll get to the track/street setup.

How far can I go without chewing up my new MX's?

Not a bad job overall and a little over 5 hours to put all 4 corners together. Just under 2 hours to disassemble, this was for the Pfadt bushing kit and Hardbar's camber kit.

Everything fit perfect and I thought getting the lowers lined up was going to be a PITA but was suprised how easy it was. Also amazed at the stability of the car on 4 jackstands at the lift points.

Gary gave me some spec's but of course did not write them down, of course I came into work for a few hours, have a presentation to give, and then on the flatbed to the chassis shop.

Last edited by NoOne; 10-11-2007 at 07:11 AM.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:46 AM
Kanmer
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran

Here is the link to VB&P's alignment specs. Its what a lot of people use as a guideline.

http://www.vbandp.com/instructions/h...ruct/align.htm

HTH
Bob
Old 10-11-2007, 01:44 PM
V8 Juice
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kanmer
Here is the link to VB&P's alignment specs. Its what a lot of people use as a guideline.

http://www.vbandp.com/instructions/h...ruct/align.htm

HTH
Bob
Bob,
Any good site for C6 specs?
Enjoy Barber!!
Art
Old 10-11-2007, 08:28 PM
trackboss
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Is it just me or do others find it odd that VBP suggests so little camber in the front, actually less than the rear, for track cars? Same with the castor, why suggest less for track than street? I've asked before without an answer, but does anyone know the kingpin angle of the c5 spindles?

-V
Old 10-11-2007, 11:01 PM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In II Veteran

We use the following settings for our C6Z with Hoosiers and coil overs, with poly bushings. This is important: poly bushings reduce the need for static camber and toe and athough it is hard to say exactly how much less, but about .7 degrees on the front and at least .5 on the rear less than the rubber. We run about 1.5-1.9 negative camber with 0 to 1/16 toe out on the front, with negative 0.9 to 1.4 camber and 1/8 to 1/4 toe in on the rear. This will reduce the tire life and make the car very nervous on the street, so be careful with these settings in the wet. If you want a little less agressive, more street sutiable settings, go 0.9 negative on all 4 corners, with zero toe on the front and 1/16 toe in on the rear.

Last edited by ghoffman; 10-11-2007 at 11:05 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Getting aligned today, specs? Need quick answer

Quick Reply: Getting aligned today, specs? Need quick answer