Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help from you Northern Virginia boys

Old 10-14-2007, 08:23 PM
Dr Chill
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Need help from you Northern Virginia boys

Many of you may know Hrtracer, Andy Bacon of Centreville, who has a black C5 Z06 and runs track events and also is an instructor. Well, 2 1/2 months ago Andy and I agreed to trade rims-his 4 Fikses for my CCW classics and stock Z06 rims. I immediately sent him my CCW's and 1 1/2 months later he sent me 2 Fikses. He claimed that all 4 were sent but the UPS store that shipped them confirmed only two were shipped. He never sent me any tracking info despite being asked for it and it took 6 weeks for him to ship me the 2 rims. He has not answered any emails or phone calls since then and I am left with a car sitting on track rims and slicks since these are the only rims I have that will clear the brakes. At this point, I just want him to fulfill his end of the deal so I can drive my car without shelling out more money for rims. I really never expected a track guy to treat another track guy like this as we as a group usually go out of our way to help each other. Needless to say, this whole deal has left me with a very sour taste in my mouth. I have had the Z06 rims waiting to ship out as soon as the other two rims arrive, but am very skeptical that they will. I just cannot stand the lying and deception.

If any of you know Andy, please see if you can appeal to the racer side of his personality and convince him to uphold his part of the deal.

Those of you from FL and all over who I have dealt with over the years know I will go the extra mile to do the right thing and I consider myself true to my word. After all, if we don't have integrity, what do we have?

Last edited by Dr Chill; 10-14-2007 at 08:26 PM.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:57 PM
Woods
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I do not know Hrtracer. But I am a member of a 160 plus corvette club.

I sure some people in the Northern Virginia Corvette club may know ANDY in Centreville. You can reach out to them on nvcorvetteclub.com, I did a search on the forum and it looks like he instructed for the NVCC this year.

I have been very fortunate on the Corvetteforum. I have bought and sold alot of stuff over the years. And have always had great communication with people, always asked and provided tracking numbers and had everything insured.

Last edited by Woods; 10-14-2007 at 09:00 PM.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:06 PM
Dr Chill
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Amazing. Something must have hit a chord, because after not hearing from him for over 3 weeks and numerous phone calls and emails that went unanswered, I received an email with two tracking numbers to be delivered Thursday. If anyone made an inquiry on my behalf, I thank you.

Can mods please close this thread.

Last edited by Dr Chill; 10-15-2007 at 07:18 PM.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:37 PM
ERND IT
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
CI-3 Car Show Winner
CI-4 Car Show Winner
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'09

Get notified of new replies