Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Non-z51 pads OK for first HPDE

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 09:16 PM
cfi_luz
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Non-z51 pads OK for first HPDE

So I have a 05 c6 and I'm going to Thunderhill to do my first HPDE. I've read they actually setup cones on the straight away to keep speeds down so I don't think this is event is going to be very hard on my brakes. Do you all think I'll be OK on my stock pads for this event? I have z51 but installed non-z51 pads awhile back to keep the noise down on the street. Appreciate any feedback and looking forward to getting out there.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:31 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 711 Likes on 492 Posts

yes, they will be fine. If you notice ANY fade, just prepare accordingly for your next event. First events should be about learning the line, being smooth, listening to your instructor, and watching the road ahead and flag stations.

If you find that you are fast, and stressing the equipment right away, then you can come back and get suggestions next time out.

btw, a good brake bleed with Synpower or better is suggested.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:03 PM
Last C5
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

What event are you are you attending. I'll be at the Oct 20/21 HPDE put on by the Nor Cal Shelby Club.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:18 AM
cfi_luz
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, actually I did just do a complete brake flush last weekend so I think I'm good as far as that goes. I guess I'll just see how things go and take that into consideration for next time.

I'm going to the Thunderhill school, its on the 18th. I know two other guys from this forum are going as well. The event you're attending sounds interesting. Is it full? If not do you have a link? Thanks!
Old 10-15-2007, 02:30 AM
Last C5
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by cfi_luz
Thanks, actually I did just do a complete brake flush last weekend so I think I'm good as far as that goes. I guess I'll just see how things go and take that into consideration for next time.

I'm going to the Thunderhill school, its on the 18th. I know two other guys from this forum are going as well. The event you're attending sounds interesting. Is it full? If not do you have a link? Thanks!
No, it's not full and they are looking for drivers.

www.norcal-saac.org

It will be a two day affair and only three run groups so there will be a lot of track time. After you open the site, go to the 2007 Fall Classic for information.

Get notified of new replies

To Non-z51 pads OK for first HPDE

Quick Reply: Non-z51 pads OK for first HPDE