Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**C6 Take off parts available from GT2 ALMS Donor car

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 11:28 AM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Default **C6 Take off parts available from GT2 ALMS Donor car

Hi Guys,

Just a heads up on some brand new take off parts. This will be essentially a complete Corvette C6 dismantled for the build up into the GT2 Race car.

The parts are listed on ebay from Riley Technologies, who is building the GT2 ALMS Lemans cars for us.

Thanks

Lou Gigliotti
LGM

http://lgmotorsports.com/gallery/alb...no_compare.jpg

LGM http://www.LGMotorsports.com
Winner Daytona 250
22 WC Wins

"Most powerful Corvette headers on the planet"

Last edited by ERND IT; 10-27-2007 at 08:06 PM. Reason: sorry, links to ebay are not allowed
Old 10-25-2007, 11:31 AM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

T1 guys better get on this!!!

Randy
Old 10-25-2007, 12:55 PM
MattW_VA
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Dang, wish ya would have bought Lemans Blue!
Old 10-25-2007, 01:05 PM
73-84 IMSA Widebody
Drifting

Good luck Lou......I don't think much will fit my car
Old 10-25-2007, 01:06 PM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Dang... odd to be taking apart a brand new car and use nothing from it.

Why can'g you just get a frame and build from the ground up?
Old 10-25-2007, 01:13 PM
LG Motorsports

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
Dang... odd to be taking apart a brand new car and use nothing from it.

Why can'g you just get a frame and build from the ground up?
Part of it was that the ACO had to have a fully stock untouched car to compare to for the Homologation.

The molds for the modified parts have to start from completely stock parts. Even with modified fenders and doors, the parts have to meet stock configuration with the added mods as an afterthought.

So at least one or two new stock cars were required to get the car passed the ACO inspection and approval.

thanks
LG
Old 10-25-2007, 02:15 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 709 Likes on 490 Posts

Lou, just curious, but why aren't you building your own car??? You've proven to be a world class car builder. Is this a GM decision, or are they simply more suited to handling the Homologation process with ACO (as compared to SCCA Pro, where nobody knows much about anything)
Old 10-25-2007, 02:41 PM
LG Motorsports

Originally Posted by davidfarmer
Lou, just curious, but why aren't you building your own car??? You've proven to be a world class car builder. Is this a GM decision, or are they simply more suited to handling the Homologation process with ACO (as compared to SCCA Pro, where nobody knows much about anything)
Bingo! to all of the above.

the ACO is a big part and GM was more comfortable with Riley building a sort of "Spec" C6 GT2 that other independent teams could buy.

Thanks for the props though.

LG
Old 10-25-2007, 04:33 PM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 818 Likes on 387 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

Can't wait to see you in GT2 next year Lou. Good luck and will see you at Sebring.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:47 PM
xsiveone
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports
Bingo! to all of the above.

the ACO is a big part and GM was more comfortable with Riley building a sort of "Spec" C6 GT2 that other independent teams could buy.

Thanks for the props though.

LG
So, someone will be able to buy a turn-key C6 GT2 like you can with the Porsche GT3 RSR? I wonder how much that would cost?

Is your livery going to be similar to the WCGT car with the black/yellow with flames?

What would be cool is if GM eventually offered a street/track version of the C6 to the public and called it the Corvette GT2.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:54 PM
LG Motorsports

Originally Posted by xsiveone
So, someone will be able to buy a turn-key C6 GT2 like you can with the Porsche GT3 RSR? I wonder how much that would cost?

Is your livery going to be similar to the WCGT car with the black/yellow with flames?

What would be cool is if GM eventually offered a street/track version of the C6 to the public and called it the Corvette GT2.
Yes, Turn key car will cost $471,000. from Riley.

We will have the same or similar paint scheme on my #28 car.

Considering how highly modified these cars have to be from a street version, I doubt that there will be a street version.

At $471,000 each it makes my World Challenge Cars selling for $185,000 seem very reasonable.

thanks guys,

Lou gigliotti LGM
Old 10-25-2007, 07:06 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by xsiveone

GM hardly ever does anything cool to help themselves.

Good luck Lou!
Old 10-25-2007, 10:57 PM
KB Aero Biscuit
Racer

Originally Posted by John Shiels
GM hardly ever does anything cool to help themselves.

Good luck Lou!
Really? How about an aluminum framed C6 with a 427 cubic inch motor that can out run almost all super cars for less than $80,000? Guess if they did that people would still say GM sucks.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:08 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Originally Posted by KB Aero Biscuit
Really? How about an aluminum framed C6 with a 427 cubic inch motor that can out run almost all super cars for less than $80,000? Guess if they did that people would still say GM sucks.
They miss many opportunities for some splash with there conservative thinking even when they have the product. They should release a Comp Coupe like car for a series racing which something like DRM is going to build. They caught on to the ricer crowd with the Cobalt about 10-15 years late. Those are the future Caddy, Vette and family car buyers as they age.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:56 PM
KB Aero Biscuit
Racer

They miss many opportunities for some splash with there conservative thinking even when they have the product. They should release a Comp Coupe like car for a series racing which something like DRM is going to build. They caught on to the ricer crowd with the Cobalt about 10-15 years late. Those are the future Caddy, Vette and family car buyers as they age.
John,
nope for once will people just take a step back and say the Z06 is bad ***? Has Toyota done a Z06? has BMW? you guys are to easy to bash and dont stand up and defend! Shoot me if im wrong......? Sorry!
Old 10-25-2007, 11:58 PM
Bink
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Old 10-26-2007, 12:32 AM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Sorry wrong thread.
Randy

Last edited by Randy@DRM; 10-26-2007 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Too many things going on

Get notified of new replies

To **C6 Take off parts available from GT2 ALMS Donor car

Old 10-26-2007, 08:25 AM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 818 Likes on 387 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

I am a GM buyer 100%, but I must admit, that Chevy sometimes leaves me wondering. The Corvette without a doubt is one of if not the best sports car made, but if you want performance, Corvette is about all there is, I supposed you can count the CTSV, but they do not appeal to the younger Camaro buyer group. When GM decided to drop the Camaro and Firebird, they simple told the younger performance buyer that if you want to go fast buy a Corvette. Well you know were the buyers went. They jumped to Mustang.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:44 AM
KB Aero Biscuit
Racer

Originally Posted by TR6speed
I am a GM buyer 100%, but I must admit, that Chevy sometimes leaves me wondering. The Corvette without a doubt is one of if not the best sports car made, but if you want performance, Corvette is about all there is, I supposed you can count the CTSV, but they do not appeal to the younger Camaro buyer group. When GM decided to drop the Camaro and Firebird, they simple told the younger performance buyer that if you want to go fast buy a Corvette. Well you know were the buyers went. They jumped to Mustang.
Why did they drop the Camaro/Firebird? Because it didnt meet newer federal crash requirements and would have taken millions of dollars to upgrade and the time wasnt right. Sometimes decisions are made for business reasons but all you guys interpret them the wrong way.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:23 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Originally Posted by KB Aero Biscuit
John,
nope for once will people just take a step back and say the Z06 is bad ***? Has Toyota done a Z06? has BMW? you guys are to easy to bash and dont stand up and defend! Shoot me if im wrong......? Sorry!
Yes great car except for the brakes. I love GM products but they drop the ball on many occasions and that is why they are suffering they are not forward thinking. That may be changing as they realize they will die by playing catchup.

PT Cruiser then how many years later do they catch on?

Camaro was horrible in the passenger seat. Their sales dropped to 30's but Mustang still was selling 200,000

Yea the Zo6 is bad *** but it will not float a company like GM with 30,000 +- Corvette sales.

They have released some horrible looking cars a while back They were the leader in design at one time till they became stuck in the mud. The new pickup looks a little drab on the exterior although it is a great running truck.

Malibu great car it is said but it lack pizzas and it is a bread and butter car. They just released how much they would spend on Malibu advertising and it was mind boggling. Can they do it yes, will they? I pray they get back market share. Year after year more promises and shrinking market from each CEO. Wagoneer seems to be able to make the right choices most of the time.

Ford is the same stuck in the mud. The new Explorer may be great but I can't tell the difference between old and new.

Hydrogen vehicle may rocket them towards the front if it is successful and it will take Delphi with them as the are responsible for a major portion of development.

BMW not quantity numbers but strong gains every year hopefully Caddy halts that. New CTS is nice looking.

Quick Reply: **C6 Take off parts available from GT2 ALMS Donor car